server no allowing anymore titles into dirve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

server no allowing anymore titles into dirve

HI. my server arrived without documentation or any attachments. power cord included. after connected with a 6tb harddrive, my trial and error there movies placed on HD. Flying in the dark without remote I have been on CS with a fantastic agent helping me one on one. Suggestion now to post here.
    as of date, no copy to paste method has been sucessful, to have movies copied toserver's HD.. using win 10
    mult copies of server's movies that did get wifi ti the server, but no way to delete those multi compies.
    Fab has sent to me a gen remote,.. I am thinking some functions are missing / I have not figured out how to open those functions up yet.
    now movies are not being sent to server by IP, instead saved in my desktop pc Fab folder as by designed, With one pc, by design, with a working copy of fab, I can not test now by using win 7 if my issues are from a win 10 pc. No IP add is found from server to where any controls can be used to clean up server or can any copy / paste can be done.

please advise where my issues are..
    manythanks

What is missing on the remote? The replacements have different buttons, but the important functions are duplicated. There is no detailed printed manual for v2.0.2.0 but guides are available in the forum and on the DVDFab website.

Generally, transferring movies to the DMS by a wifi connection can be very slow. Faster to remove the drive from the DMS and put it in an external usb docking device on you pc and copy the files that way, then put it back in the DMS and do a Library update. I will make some captures to show how to delete material from the drive while it is inside the DMS.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

MANYTHANKS Signals.
      remote .. when pushing the menu button nothing ..I did receive what could be a universal remote. Ok on the documentation. The main unit was only shipped. I located a power source and hdmi cable. I did try docking the HD into my win 10 pc , hd was not recognized. one last question please in the upper right corner are three icons a wifi , maybe server icon and a circle with a person inside.. that icon has a black "X" in the lower right. is that correct?

Comment

OK, guessing i did something wrong as very few of the many titles I set up on server will play back ..I have an ID;192299. hope alll this time was not a waste..

Comment

Remote; most of the buttons pressed nothing or no response on server..ex; menu when pressed nothing showes up..

Comment

Okay fishinggonebad...first off, let's talk hard drive setup. How did you set that drive up? If you let the DMS set it up then Windows won't recognize it. Use your cellphone to take pictures of the screens, crop them to reduce their size and then post them here.

If you can, get your DMS on a copper based network connection( hardwired Ethernet). I don't know your competency level for Windows 10 but there is a computer management tool That is part of the 'Administrative Tools' in control panel that has a 'disk manager' plugin to see if the disk is present( even if Windows can't read the contents of the drive it will show up here at hardware level)...did you get any reaction from windows when you docked it to the computer?

Comment

Many of the buttons do nothing unless a movie is playing. I will make a graphic for you to illustrate it. If you did not receive a remote, power pack or hdmi cable, something is not right, you should contact Ashley or Mona or whichever Service team member you were emailing with.

Re: hard drive
              in addition to Dead Eye’s post above, make sure your dock supports large drives. If it is more than 4-5 years old it may have a 2gb limit, imposed by the chipsets they were using in them at the time. You may need to re-partition the drive to use a GPT type partition for better compatibility with the DMS and Windows, but do this as a last resort.

The power pack you are using should be rated at 12 DC 2.0 or 2.5 A (2000 or 2500 ma).

My DMS home screen has the x also, not sure of the original purpose but it has no effect on the way it runs. The other ones are for the hard drive and the network connection. They will be faded or possibly Xd if not present.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

HI again, manythanks again
                I am not a I.T. guy. back ground is medical, controls and hardware. I have several desk tops running win 7 and last yr built two win 10, one was for dvd fab use as well as a transmitter control. this is the one that i had to mark for fab use. 12mo old
                thanks signals and dead eye receipt of todays posts...
                server arrived yr ago. with jurst the server. nothing else. red flag popped up.. work called me out so it was put on back burner... yes 12v /2A proper connector..4tb western HD was set up by server.
                key board by usb is what i am using. powered up ok but this is when everything started acting strange. server is not responsive to a wired network only wifi. not responsive to an IP add call up.
                I wanted to drop down to one of my win 7 pc to test, but fab will not let me do this anymore, only one pc. ok, no problem...I have been working the server by trial and error method. A custromer suppoer agent has been helping me directly. she has been great and I am very happy with her help. no complaints at all....she advised me to mover to form.. she had a replacement remote sent to me.. maybe a universal remote.. server is only responsive to a few remote commands, no menu response. server HD has some movies loaded. at firs I got them to play back. now they will not play back and giving me a error number 192299 etc.. I am using main menu > function> manage library>add path to library>add network>smb;//xxx.xxx.1./>share>sata>sata1>dvdfab>movies....
                this is how to move iso to server HD for it to show up on server... now movies will not play..
                tried a wired connection and server will not connect, by using keyboard with no remote arrived yet. did not know about a remote until I was reading on google ,, looking for infomation
                could this server have been a send back and got re-transferred to me?

Comment

fishinggonebad...in order to move to another PC you have to 'de-authorize' the current PC...that will set the DVDFab software to demo mode. Then just launch the software on the other one and authorize it per on screen instructions.
                  Last edited by Dead Eye; 04-11-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Dead eye ,,
                    appreciate all the time ,, advise !! reading& thinking about both yours's and signals replay ,,, Hdd needed to be set up on pc instead of server.. I did not know that.. there is information on fab's web and i should have spent more time it seems pulling it out. been a member of fab for many years, making mistakes that I should have known better..

need to reformat Hdd, shame to loose all the movies stored , clean start over might be wise

now i got the remote, starting over / reset, night set server up proper to where i can connect by hard line.. any other advise you guys can give ??

Comment

fishinggonebad...sorry to hear about the loss any content, can't you temporarily copy it over to another media type? There isn't a person on this forum that hasn't made a mistake in one form or another...and that includes me...you just learn and move on.

Just remember when setting the drive up in Windows that anything over 2 TB you need to use a GPT style partition.

Comment

The only recommendation that I can think of is to have the storage capacity that is equal to or exceeds the drive size of the DMS drive. In that way you can keep a backup copy of content that you create using DVDFab. My system that I just built has a 4-Bay external 3.5" tray-less unit that I have drives in. I rip movies to the local drives then copy them over the network infrastructure to the DMS...as an example.

Comment

fishinggonebad...hopefully you haven't destroyed that partition yet.. it is a file system driver for windows to read Linux based EXT2 , EXT3 and EXT4 file systems...take a look!
                          https://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-w...-from-windows/
                          Last edited by Dead Eye; 04-12-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
                            The only recommendation that I can think of is to have the storage capacity that is equal to or exceeds the drive size of the DMS drive. In that way you can keep a backup copy of content that you create using DVDFab....
                            That’s a good idea, here is what I do: I buy smaller 3.5” sata drives of 1-2 TB when they are on sale and write all DVDFab output to them before transferring to the DMS. When one fills up I put a number on it and pop a fresh one into the usb dock. This reduces the risk of loss if one drive or system croaks to only the content on a single relatively small drive.

Comment

fishinggonebad Here is a function layout for the replacement remote. You can download the image and print it for quick reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	remote_color.png
Views:	402
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	380546

Comment

Working...
                              X