No menu prompt when playing via network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback No menu prompt when playing via network

I am streaming content from one DMS to another in my house. I had to add the DMS with the content I want to the other DMS library by adding a network connection via IP. My movies and everything else play fine using this method, but I am no longer receiving the prompts for menu or movie mode. Under my video playback settings, I have selected prompt for my choice. But the player is loading just the main movie.

Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but I can't select subtitles if the movie has a menu, and I play it in movie mode. I have to select menu mode to be able to play subtitles. If I ripped just the movie with subtitles, then the subtitles will work fine since there is no menu. So is this a known issue with the Server? If not, is there something I can do to get the movie prompt when I press the play button? Thanks.
    Last edited by tcsnguy; 04-14-2020, 07:41 PM. Reason: Typos

Do you mean the disc’s menu or the page that comes up normally as soon as you click on the poster? Not fully clear on your non-standard lashup. When you play a title from the remote DMS (the one where the files actually reside) do you play from a poster or by accessing the file/folder on the remote unit’s hard drive?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the response signals. I play movies to my 2nd DMS from my 1st DMS using the poster wall that is generated in my library. The library on the 2nd DMS is pointed to the 1st DMS via IP, 192.168.50.198/share/sata/sata2. All of the movies from the 1st show up on the 2nd correctly.

To stream a movie to the remote DMS not containing the movies, I just make sure both servers are on, and click the poster of the movie I want to play. Then when I click the play button in the bottom left corner, I don't get a "menu mode/video" prompt, even though it is setup up to always ask in my settings. The movie just plays. Sometimes it plays the menu mode and sometimes it plays the video mode.

If I play a movie that is on the hard drive for the device I am using, I get the menu/video prompt correctly. It is only when trying to stream one DMS to the other that I don't get the prompts.

Hopefully I was able to clear that up. Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have.

Comment

I'm not near my DMS right now to give the specific instructions - but under the configuration settings there is something that allows you to play menu mode, or automatically play just the movie. I suggest ensuring those settings are set appropriately. If you can't find let me know and I'll look this up later.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	748E9345-0D61-41F8-8069-FF37D1E21DEA.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	380618
          Originally posted by TRJ View Post
          I'm not near my DMS right now to give the specific instructions - but under the configuration settings there is something that allows you to play menu mode, or automatically play just the movie. I suggest ensuring those settings are set appropriately. If you can't find let me know and I'll look this up later.
          Hi TRJ

I have included a picture of what I have set on my server. Under playback-> Blu ray playback mode, I have it set to ask each time. I don't see an option for DVD though in any of my settings only Blu-Ray. It isn't working for anything I play. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X