Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Copy Movies to Server(only shows 972mb free)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Copy Movies to Server(only shows 972mb free)

I just recently purchased the Server and would like to start copying my movie library over to the server. I formatted the drive and withing the server it recognizes the 8tb drive and shows only like 300mb in use. When I open the IP address of the server and map the drive, it shows 972mb free and when i try to copy a movie over it tells me there is not enough free space. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried resetting the home server to defaults and starting over but have the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

What version of Windows do you have on your pc? Did you format the drive on the DMS or on your pc? This seems to be a conflict with the SMB version, others have reported it but mapping the drive seems to correct it. There are several threads about it here in the DMS forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, I had this problem with about 7TB filled on my 8TB drive. Replace the drive with a 12TB and had the same problem.
      I read here about TeraCopy, so I gave it a try. Works fine. Windows will not copy, but TeraCopy does.

Comment

I have windows 10 pro version 1909. I tried to format it on the dms...but it errored out and told me i needed to do it on my PC...so i put it in my pc dock and formatted it there. I had already mapped the drive and that is where windows was showing me the 972mb free space. I have not even copied anything onto this 8 tb drive so it was completely empty. I already used teracopy so i was able to copy with that when telling it to ignore, but just not sure why it is doing that. after copying it now shows a negative 1024 for space...lol Click image for larger version

Name:	movie server 2.PNG
Views:	436
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	380966

Comment

Please clarify that Teracopy allows you to write the drive directly as a Target from within DVDFab.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I typically rip to a local drive and copy a bunch as at once. I mostly do episodes this way. I find it easier to rename them quickly.
            I haven't had an issue using DVDFab directly to the server. I only use this for Movies.

Comment

I think this 972mb problem started with a windows update ages ago, I never used to have this issue until about a year or so ago, and since then the only way I can get to copy anything to the DMS HDD is to either remove the drive and mount it to my computer, or use Teracopy which works fine.

I have even tried a clean install of windows and the same 972mb error persists, It must be something to do with windows (and the version) and Android OS of the DMS

My advise is just use Teracopy, it works......every other workaround doesnt seem to solve the issue.

Comment

Working...
              X