Bluray and UHD for the same movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 Bluray and UHD for the same movie

The DMS doesn't seem to like multiple disks, etc. So supposed I wanted to put both the Bluray version and UHD version such as:

The Greatest Show - for bluray version
    The Greatest Show (4k) - for UHD version

is there a way to make this work?

TRJ

The DMS will automatically put all your 4k content in a specific area of the poster wall, so it should be fine (although I have not tried it).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What format are you storing them in? Original bdmv formats or you using mkv etc

I have mutiple disks of the same movie all in original formats, UHD, Bluray and 3D and they all show correctly with the correct tag on the UHD and 3D versions.

Ive never had an issue with multiple versions of one movie on any of the firmwares starting from the 1.0.0.* days

Comment

I'm storing in original *.iso format.

Ok...I've tried 2 different ones....I'm not able to independently name them as whatever I do to name one, seems to be applied to both. However one did show up with the UHD tag (I like this). The Tag helps and replaces my need to add "(4k)" to the name. However in the 2 I loaded, one set currently does not show a tag. Maybe I need to do a reboot or something...

TRJ

Comment

I noticed the "tag" only seems to show on the DMS...would be nice if this occurred on the web side too.

TRJ

Comment

Yes agreed, would be good if the webapp also showed the tags as its a pain when you are looking through it and have to click on the posters to see which is what lol.

I only store my 3D in .iso format, the UHD and blurays are stored in folder format (so like when you open the root folder of a disc you see bdmv and certificate folders) Mostly because the DMS has less issues with file format than isos and secondly I usually make my movies 'movie only'

Maybe select one movie you are having issues with and keep the 3D as iso, make the UHD and bluray either full disc or main movie only both in file format on a different drive (move the isos first from drive/nas and delete them from the webapp) then add the folders you just made to the DMS and rescan from the menu, and see if they show up.

I would try doing them as full discs to start with as movie only titles can play havoc with and forced subs, dvdfab is not very good imo at doing forced subs to movie only titles, the new bad boys for life is a typical example, it extracts the correct sub file but does not keep the forced subs part of the file intact so the 77 force subs do not display, I use something else to create force sub file and remux with tsM*x*r, but thats a different problem altogether that what this thread is about.

Try the file structure way and see if it helps.

Comment

Would you mind explaining what you use and the method you apply to do this. So far I have been sticking with only ISO and MKV's, but keeping it intact with ISO to keep full menus and extra's intact. The MKV's are when I strip out certain things that I want listed separately (i.e. a disk that has 4 old B/W horror movies and I want each shown separately in the posters). In using the folder format, do you still have extra's and menus? I thought this was doable only with the ISO's.

FYI...I've not pulled in any 3-D's, so I was only concerned with the bluray and UHD - since if I change TV's and one doesn't have 4k capability - I still have the option to play one. Note - Despite having the correct bluray player and TV - I've never purchased glasses, etc - so it's not something that I've tried yet. Kinda have wanted to, but just haven't justified and purchased any goggles/glasses.

Thanks for the suggestion,

TRJ

Comment

TRJ

Two ways.

1. (If you want full disc) Mount iso file in virtual drive then open it and copy/paste the BDMV and Certificate folders to a folder you have made in the 'Movies' name.

2. (If you want movie only) Mount as above to virtual drive, then use a program of your choice (plenty out there if you dont have dvdfab) to make a movie only bdmv file structure. once finished you will have the same layout as above but in movie only format.

Then remove the iso's from your DMS and add the 'Movie' folder in its place and rescan DMS.

You have to leave 3Ds in iso format as the ssif folders are invisible size wise when in iso format, make these to folder format and you double the size of the original.

Comment

Working...
                X