Question on ISO files for Region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on ISO files for Region

CSI is available mostly in DVD, with Season 1 and 9 available in Bluray in US. However I noticed 2 other seasons were available in Bluray in UK and/or Europe.

I had 2 questions related to Region.

First - Will the player play different regions off hand or do you have to go to settings to change this each time you wish for a different region?

Second - is it possible to copy in clone mode or similar and change/remove the region?

The idea here is to obtain a few seasons of certain shows that are not available locally, but could be imported.

Thanks,

TRJ

when you copy the disc, it'll be region free

Comment

October 262 is correct....you do not have to change anything, just copy the regions discs as normal, by default if you are using DVDfab and putting it on the movie server it will be region free to watch (even ripping it to a disc would be region free). The settings for DVDfab is in 'Common Settings under 'DVD' and 'Blu-Ray'.......by default both are checked for 'Make sure remove RC (Region Code)' and 'Remove RCE- (Region Code Enhancement) If this is different on yours and not checked then you would need to check the boxes that applies.
      Last edited by Down2Earth; 10-20-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Thank you so far....

So does this apply even for the clone (which I thought was a bit for bit) copy? I guess in researching it's not actually doing a bit for bit....and does appear to remove these items.

TRJ
        Last edited by TRJ; 10-21-2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Clone is indeed bit for bit, with the exception of small amounts of content that relate to copy protection. The files on a Cloned disc are in the same disc locations as on the original.

Full Disc reads the files and copies them and they are similar but can be compressed and have other things changed at your discretion. The files on a Full Disc copy disc will probably not be in the same location as they were on the original.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've had a few *.iso's that complain that come up with a screen stating the firmware of the bluray player needs to be updated in order to play the disc. One example I know of off hand is Alien Resurrection (20th Century Fox) Any chance that removal of region code, copy protection, UOP's, etc. cause this problem? Usually I can strip the movie out into MKV and make the movie work, but I do like to keep the whole disc.

TRJ

Comment

FYI...I've noted that the screen complaining about the bluray firmware also comes up when playing on VLC, so not sure if this is a player issue, or the initial DVD copy/clone issue.

TRJ

Comment

After some experimentation with one of the errors mentioned above, (the error with red screen that complains bluray firmware needs updating) I found something that seems to work.

History:
                I use clone mode almost exclusively.

I've tried turning on/off the region code and other boxes found under Bluray Protection. However these do not appear to affect this issue and the red screen would still come up..

However copying using Full Disk mode (with and without compression, i.e. BD25 vs BD50) seems to allow the disc to work properly.

This means that something to do with Clone Mode is causing this. Any idea why a clone mode would not work and the disc copy does?

NOTE: I still have issues with dual menu movies from Disney, etc. I'll be trying this method change as well as to date I have been importing my collection using clone modes. I'll report back with results at some point. If this works, I'm curious if it also is different on some Lionsgate films that have issues too (although I suspicion it won't).

TRJ

Comment

Working...
                X