(!)Server access failure. Please try to reboot the player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.1 (!)Server access failure. Please try to reboot the player

Getting the error message,"(!)Server access failure. Please try to reboot the player." (this didn't happen during an upgrade, the server software just stopped) The device is online and I can see folders on my PC file explorer, but the server software will not start. Tried upgrading and downgrading firmware and did factory reset.

did you try unplugging the MS and retry plugging back in ??

Comment

yes

Comment

Just encountered the same error. It was working fine last night but today started getting the error. Unplugged and restarted, etc. Would hate to have to reset everything and start scraping my collection all over again, since I have over 3K movies now and it literally takes hours to scrape them into the movies and TV shows. They play OK from the video section so it's not some sort of media file error. Anybody have any suggestions short of rescraping my collection?

Comment

Dave - I have just encountered the identical server access failure error you described. Files in the VIDEO section play just fine but MOVIES will not access my connected NAS files. I have examined and tweaked just about every setting in my Synology NAS (running DSM 7.0) but unfortunately no luck.

Comment

Dave, this thread is almost a year old, please start a new one about your problem. What is displaying that error message?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't understand this answer. What answer would you give in a new thread that you can't give in this thread? Dave has a problem with the unit he purchased from you and deserves a solution...not a runaround.
              Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by JimS View Post
                I don't understand this answer. What answer would you give in a new thread that you can't give in this thread? Dave has a problem with the unit he purchased from you and deserves a solution...not a runaround.
                The reply wasn't in the form of an answer, just a reply, it was asked what was the error messages displaying in reference to assist, which wasn't given. This thread wasn't closed, which admin could have easily done since it 'is' so old, the question still remains.......but really OP should have posted and started a new thread.

Have seen this message and it goes away after a couple of reboots, think it's a server/provider issues that interfaces with the unit.
                Last edited by Down2Earth; 07-05-2021, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

The reply wasn't in the form of an answer, just a reply, it was asked what was the error messages displaying in reference to assist, which wasn't given. This thread wasn't closed, which admin could have easily done since it 'is' so old, the question still remains.......but really OP should have posted and started a new thread.

Have seen this message and it goes away after a couple of reboots, think it's a server/provider issues that interfaces with the unit.
                  Actually the last post before mine was dated 10/30/2020 so only 8 months old, plus it helps to keep the same *unsolved* problem in one thread for search purposes.

The error message is exactly the same as the OP posted: Server access failure. Please try to reboot the player. Which I thought was rather self-evident from the title of the thread . However my post is moot now, as I tried for a couple of days to see if the problem would correct itself and eventually rescraped my collection as it never did self-correct. I shut down the DMS when not using it so yes I rebooted it several times before rescraping.

The issue first showed up after I deleted a duplicate movie from the collection. IIRC I deleted it from the poster wall, although I have also deleted duplicates using the web server portal. I did managed to get into the TV Shows section once and from there tried rebuilding the library, but no paths were showing up (Sata2, USB 1& 2) and searching the network produced no results. Using the web server portal showed no movies as well.

I suspect this problem occurs due to using a 10TB internal drive, plus 14TB and 10TB USB drives, for storage. The system was only designed for 8TB drives, so I dunno if a firmware update would fix it as it could be a hardware issue. Other problems include 95% of movies played from the poster wall fail to show any subtitles available, but subtitles available when played from the video section.

Comment

PS - I should mention that I tried everything I could think of, short of rescraping, before I figured I had spent enough time on it and rescraped. Including reinstalling the V. 2.0.2.1 firmware. IMHO, the DMS is rather fragile when using HDDs over the 8TB limit, which is pretty out-of-date by now.

Comment

DaveH50, glad you were able to recover your DMS......I only have an 8TB HDD in mines and have had this same recurring server access failure message dating way back before V2.0.0.0, do not suspect it has anything to do with different HDD sizes over 8TB's and is why it was noted that I think it is a syncing issue with DVDfab server and it will fix itself given time.

Could possibly be a software glitch in not being able to retain ones library over a certain amount but this has happened to me with less than your 3K amount of movies and shows.

Comment

I've had the DMS lock up during booting which often requires a hard reset (turning off the power & waiting a few seconds), but this was the first time I encountered the Server access failure.

I should also mention that the rescraping went pretty smoothly, and just about all of my 3,204 movies were correctly identified - a huge improvement over previous attempts. I had cleared the cache contents along with the data files so I dunno why. Previously I would have to spend a few hours using the web portal to identify/correct the meta info and poster.

I guess I'll try so see how far DMS can go before going belly-up, with my movie & TV show collection - haven't even started adding Star Trek TNG, Voyager, DS9 collections yet. Maybe I'll set some sort of record, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                        X