No announcement yet.

Audio sync issue *can we get an audio delay feature already!!!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback Audio sync issue *can we get an audio delay feature already!!!*

Recently installed a second media server in my oversized garage. The setup is more for music, as such I have an amp that takes only RCA audio inputs. So using the RCA out on the media server and HDMI out to the TV I find an audio sync issue. Turning up the volume on the TV makes it clear the issue is the RCA output or the amps handling of the RCA input since the HDMI audio is all good. My question is when will we get a simple feature to adjust the audio sync (plus or minus) for video files. Is this feature really that complicated to do? It would seem a simple enough thing to do but maybe I'm full of crap. *rant complete

I know I’m my setup that I believe both my TV and surround sound controls have this ability...

More people should chime in on the issue but I believe more than likely the media center is sending both properly timed together so my guess is it would be the amp - but I could be wrong ... you may verify this with simple external computer speakers or headphones with a jack connector to RCA ...

However in spite of the above ... I occasionally have a movie pulled in where it seems the conversion I used actually messes up the timing too... But if your TV is ok on HDMI then likely this is not the case here..

Comment

Well that post was very helpful towards the goal of getting an audio delay feature added to the media server. Thank you!

Comment

Try feeding the audio to the TV via hdmi and the audio to the amp from the rca audio output on the tv, most have this feature. The variable delay may be added in the future, it is already present in DVDFab Media Player 6.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I believe this is the support forum for the dvdfab media server, so I'll continue to ask for this feature to be added to it, and not ask that others worry about my AV setup. My ancient Popcorn Hour c200 media server has this simple feature, so why can't the much more advanced dvdfab media server have it?

Comment

Hi aggie, we receive your feedback and the request.

Comment

Working...
            X