Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Server Suddenly Saying "No SATA Drive Detected" When Checking Storage On Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.1 Media Server Suddenly Saying "No SATA Drive Detected" When Checking Storage On Server

My DVDFab Media Server has been working fine until today.

When I attempted to copy an .ISO file to the Media Server using DVDFab, the Media Server option, although not grayed out, would not allow me to select it.

So, I checked the Media Server and it is connected to the internet.

I also had re-booted it serve times hoping this would fix the problem.

I then went into settings and checked the hard drive.

I get a message saying "No SATA Drive Detected."

Also, the hard drive icon on the main screen is grayed out.

So, I took the hard drive out and connected it to my computer. It is working fine, and I can see all of my movie folders, so the problem has to be with the Media Server.

Any solution to whatever is creating this problem?

If re-seating the drive in the DMS bay did not help, try power cycling the DMS and see if you can hear the drive spin up when you turn the power back on.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In addition you might want to try rebooting your computer and let it resync up with the DMS again. Turn off DMS, reboot PC, turn on DMS, open up DVDfab to see if your able to select the movie sever again.

Comment

Originally posted by besharpone View Post
        My DVDFab Media Server has been working fine until today.

When I attempted to copy an .ISO file to the Media Server using DVDFab, the Media Server option, although not grayed out, would not allow me to select it.

So, I checked the Media Server and it is connected to the internet.

I also had re-booted it serve times hoping this would fix the problem.

I then went into settings and checked the hard drive.

I get a message saying "No SATA Drive Detected."

Also, the hard drive icon on the main screen is grayed out.

So, I took the hard drive out and connected it to my computer. It is working fine, and I can see all of my movie folders, so the problem has to be with the Media Server.

Any solution to whatever is creating this problem?
        I actually encountered the same problem a few months back but I didn't report it since my videos are on the NAS. Occasionally, I do copy some videos to the DMS to local playing. Hope the technical team can fix it in the next release.

Comment

Working...
        X