Cant connect to wireless or ethernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.1 Cant connect to wireless or ethernet

Hello, I've been having issues with my movie server for months and I guess I have to come here for support... As of right now I have logged out of the server and am basically trying to set the movie server box up from scratch. It will not find the ethernet or wifi or finds it but wont connect. I can log into the dvd fab online purchasing and the apps to (DVD fab 10 &12 just fine on my pc.. Please help this has gone on for far to long and is very frustrating trying to get someone to help! For a company that claims fast and friendly customer support and service i haven't been impressed.. Sorry just disappointed. any help is appreciated.

Hi Tekrax, I want to make certain I understand. You cannot see the DMS from your computer or the DMS cannot connect to your router/modem?
    If you connect to your router, can you see the DMS connected?

If the DMS is connected, but you cannot connect from your computer. It is most likely settings and we can figure this out. Guessing you are using windows 10.?
    If it is the DMS.... Well, I hope someone from FAB can help you.

I had issues when Windows did an update a while back, but I found the answer on this forum. It was easy...When someone else figured it out and let us know the answer! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tekrax View Post
      It will not find the ethernet or wifi or finds it but wont connect..
      So sometimes your DMS detects the available network hardware and sometimes it doesn't?...and then when it does detect the hardware mediums for connecting to the internet it won't connect after being configured?

Strange, that sounds like something wrong at the OS level. Try different versions of the SDK.

Comment

I can see the movie server on my router but cant connect to it via my pc. Also just trying to log back in on the movie server itself as if its the first time to connect. It finds the ethernet and or wifi and attemps to connect but never does. It just sits there for days! if i go into settings it shoes the status of the ethernet connected but can't log in under the members center.

Comment

If you point your browser at

www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm?a=login&trackID=more_menu

and login with your credentials then go to 'My Products", does it show the Movie Server and it's MAC ID ? Just to be sure, you have checked the firewall settings of your home network...right?

Try this when you can...login to the member center web portal on your computer, leave that page open while you reboot the DMS.
          Last edited by Dead Eye; 12-25-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Ok so when i go to the members center it shows the media server but no mac:. Also on the screen of the media server itself it shows me not signed in i think in the upper right hand corner there is a head of a man with an X through it.. is that what that means... It shows me logged in and connected via ethernet on the media server setting menu now. but still get the guy with an X and no connection to the pc.

Comment

The icon with the X means you are not connected at the Fab server. As a last resort, you can try doing a full hardware reset using a paperclip in the small hole on the back of the unit. This will require that you go through the setup routine again. I echo the idea from Deadeye to make sure any firewall or security running on your router is disabled or instructed to allow the DMS to be ignored.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Nothing happens when i hit the reset button.. I can feel it toggle but no response from the DMS.

Comment

i can do a trace and ping via router or CMD ping test and it tests fine. The DMU still shows as logged off the guy in the corner with an X. If i log out via members center in the DMU and log back in it says its good does the update and finishes.. As soon at it goes back to the main menu it shows the guy with an X again.

Comment

The reset button must be held down until you see a response. Please try it again.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So, does anyone have a solution to the guy in the corner with the X?
                      My DMS is working. From the TV I can access its content. I can also access the DMS folders and files from my PC (on the same LAN). But I cannot access the content on the DMS when logged in to www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm It just tells me that my media library is empty. I am guessing the DMS needs to connect with the dvdfab server but it will not. I am definitely logged in on DMS and on dvdfab server, I can see nothing in my router settings that would prevent the connection. I updated to v2021 and then downgraded to v2020. I have also done "pin in the back of the DMS" reset and software factory reset. Nothing helped.

Comment

The little guy with an x in the corner first appeared on my DMS during a firmware upgrade well over a year ago. At that time I asked what it meant but got no response.

I simply ignore it. It does not seem to affect the DMS.

The link in your posting is for access to the member center for your DVDFAB account. I use the following address to access the DMS via WEB browser (something I rarely do):

http://IPaddess of DMS:32080/#/index

Comment

tbrown25 is correct....the little guy with the X on the bottom of the circle doesn't denote anything, it's been awhile but as signals noted it did mean that you wasn't connected but after V2000 I thought the same and was told by Ting to ignore it, it is definitely misleading as is! If you know your connected...your good!

Not understanding that Tekrax hit the reset button on the DMS and did not get a reset response and did nothing. That's not right if that happened. Would definitely try again as signals noted and hold it in until the DMS resets.

Comment

Thanks to tbrown25 and Down2Earth for your help. Suddenly, overnight (before I saw your posts) things started working as they should. I have no idea why.
                            I can now access using http://IPaddess of DMS:32080/#/index (I copied the wrong URL in my previous message, sorry).

Comment

So has anyone actually got tech support via the manufacture or a warranty response on the DMS? I've tried about everything and can't seem to get this to work. Every since i updated from windows 7 to 10pro this hasn't worked.. Have got no real support and am beyond frustrated with this. I've tried about everything i can think of and alot of things that you all and someone from dvd fab threw my way about a year ago now.. Help! warranty isn't much longer any good ideas? When i bought this it was more or less plug and play and everything worked great.. Now its basically a paper weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X