Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.1 EOL ???

Here are 2 questions that might sound silly or naive

1 is the support/development for the MS dead ?

2 was anybody ever able to watch an HDR movie clip with HDR10 chroma mappings other(bigger) than 8 bit on a modern 4k Television that has a HDMI 2.1 interface and needs a HDCP version bigger than 1.4 or 2.x ?

Cheers - ahab

The hardware and some of the chips for the DMS PCBs are no longer available, so it is unlikely there will be any new ones for sale or new development.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@ signals :
      well that is a shame indeed - all the development (hardware as well as software) for such a short life-time - when I bought my DMS, 4K with 8-bit color depth was top-notch, HDMI was at version 1.4 and the HDCP at 1.1.
      As technology moved on with x265, different (bigger) color spaces and their encoding/mapping, I wondered if the DVD-Fab branded DMS was ever intended to evolve with these technical innovations?
      Is there any official statement of DVD-Fab about, if any, future of the DMS ?

Comment

Why is any statement from the DVD-Fab development needed now? It's quite obvious that the SOC design of the DMS is hardware locked to Android 5.1.1, limiting the units ability to incorporate new features and technological advances through software.

That being said, it is still is a nice unit and capable of providing a decent movie experience. It is equal to other comparable units at the same price point and there are better units that cost more but that is a personal preference.

If the semi-conductor market ever restabilizes I would like to see an A2 model, I think most of us have the A1. Mine is back in it's original box packed away and I have moved on to the 'Software DMS' (aka Player) on an Intel NUC8i7HVK.

Comment

Working...
        X