Simplify Ripping To Known Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Simplify Ripping To Known Devices

Profiles allow a lot of flexibility to control the ripping process. In fact, I contend they allow too much flexibility. Users want an optimized ripping for their device without knowing all the details. A user wants a drop down of devices like ipad, ipod, droid, tp2, HTC Evo 4G etc. The conversion is pre-optimized for that device (video, audio and file size). They know it is the best conversion possible.

I know this puts a lot of burden on DVDFab to keep up with the list of devices. However, I think a lot of users will flock to a program that does this. I just spent 5 hours hacking a new profile to work on my TP2. I started with an ipod touch profile. I am not sure what I did since the profile looks almost identical to the prior profile. It works great. I am disappointed I didn't do it sooner. I have watched a lot of movies on it using a generic mp4 profile. I could of had a better experience. I am still not sure it is the best it can be. Looking at the movie mp4 properties I don't see any differences.

Now maybe an expert user can hack something special but hide the flexibility of profiles for most users.

bill I want more user control, not less, but your point is well taken. For those that don't want to make or modify profiles and want a new one for their specific device, it would be ideal if they could make one for each new device that comes to the market. But given the poor video spec detail available for most devices, that would mean buying one of everything and reverse engineering the video requirements by trial and error.

I post new profiles I make in the "New Profiles" thread, please post yours there also so others can use it. You can just attach it to a post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have been in a few other forums talking about tablets and watching movies. There is a lot of frustration getting movies to play on different devices/phones. Trust me when I say you are the exception. Most want a simple tool. A competitor was mention that had a product that had a simple tool that accepted a source and a target device and produced an optimized movie. This could be a new tool for DVDFab. Virtually no options.

As far as posting the profile I'll probably do it. However, I am a little skittish about doing it. I know it works but I have no idea if it is a good profile. I could end up with numerous posts telling me why it is junk.
      Last edited by billbell52; 12-16-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X