Besides NVIDIA CUDA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Copy Besides NVIDIA CUDA...

Are there any plans to support those of us who don't feel like owning an NVIDIA card by supporting more GPGPU open standards like OpenCL or DirectCompute? I know CUDA is part of the "popular kids" club, but how about the rest of us? I think all the ATI/AMD owners out there that use your product would feel the love if you did ;-)

Thanx

Isn't DXVA supported by ATI cards? I've tested the speed using Cuda and DXVA and encode time is about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexen525 View Post
      Are there any plans to support those of us who don't feel like owning an NVIDIA card by supporting more GPGPU open standards like OpenCL or DirectCompute? I know CUDA is part of the "popular kids" club, but how about the rest of us? I think all the ATI/AMD owners out there that use your product would feel the love if you did ;-)

Thanx
      DXVA is supported by DVDFab, and that's a part of "losers kids" club, or for the rest of you out there.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

It uses between 6-28% of my Radeon 5870 GPU and takes almost 6 hours to encode Inception from a BD to a .wmv file. Doesn't seem all that optimized to me. Are GeForce GTX470/480 cards getting the same performance limits?

Comment

If Radeon cards support GPU accelerated encoding, that is news to me. I thought they just did DXVA decoding which, as you note, is not that big a deal.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hexen525 View Post
            It uses between 6-28% of my Radeon 5870 GPU and takes almost 6 hours to encode Inception from a BD to a .wmv file. Doesn't seem all that optimized to me. Are GeForce GTX470/480 cards getting the same performance limits?
            Hexen525,
            I do not have GTX470 nor 480 card, I have GTX295. On Inception I had around 40-43 fps conversion speed (took about hour and half for the entire movie conversion) with GPU load: abt. 5% for decoding and 25% for encoding, and abt. 50% load on CPU. I consider this speed on slow side because it's conversion from VC-1 to AVC, but on AVC to AVC compression I usually have 65 - 75 fps processing speed.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Compression to bd 25 or bd 9,with high quality or normal???

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                Hexen525,
                I do not have GTX470 nor 480 card, I have GTX295. On Inception I had around 40-43 fps conversion speed (took about hour and half for the entire movie conversion) with GPU load: abt. 5% for decoding and 25% for encoding, and abt. 50% load on CPU. I consider this speed on slow side because it's conversion from VC-1 to AVC, but on AVC to AVC compression I usually have 65 - 75 fps processing speed.

Comment

Originally posted by LignGeorge View Post
                  All my settings are high quality/slow speed, 1-pass. I converting all my videos into MKV, using mkv.h264.audiocopy profile (BD9 equivalent), with bits/pixel ratio around 0.20-0.30 range.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    If Radeon cards support GPU accelerated encoding, that is news to me. I thought they just did DXVA decoding which, as you note, is not that big a deal.
                    News flash ;-) Hehe.

All DX11 and up video cards have the power to do GPGPU computing. Even a nice stack of older DX10 cards too. Take a look at Folding@Home for a nice example. While NVIDIA cards do perform better than their AMD counterparts, Radeon cards still hold their own.

NVIDIA ran out and made a special program to harness the power in theirs (CUDA) and marketed the hell out of it. While AMD/ATI supported more open standards like OpenCL and DirectCompute.

Fast quote from the AMD Radeon 5870 page...
                    "ATI Stream acceleration technology
                    OpenCL support
                    DirectCompute 11
                    Double precision floating point processing support
                    Accelerated video encoding, transcoding, and upscaling
                    Native support for common video encoding instructions"

Link- http://www.amd.com/us/products/deskt...verview.aspx#2

Edit: K, I am using your settings mostly I think. mkv.h264 and I am getting about 30fps encoding. 15-25% GPU usage and all 4 cores of my CPU maxed. Going to take about 2 hours total acording to the timer in DVDFab. Maybe the output format has something to do with it?

PC specs:
                    AMD Phenom II x4 3.4GHz
                    XFX Radeon HD5870 XXX Edition (900MHz core, 1250MHz VRAM)
                    XFX GeForce 8800GTX (for PhysX only)
                    8GB OCZ AMD Black Edition DDR3-1600
                    MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo
                    2x 1TB SATA HDD
                    60GB OCZ SSD
                    LG BD-Rewriter
                    Last edited by Hexen525; 01-01-2011, 02:59 AM. Reason: Testing

Comment

The new beta version (8086) has some support for Radeon cards. Please see the release notes and try it.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X