X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia CUDA in DVDFab?

Hi.

Sorry for my bad English.

DVDFab has in plan introduce technology Nvidia CUDA in future?

Welcome to the forum, your English is fine.

From the release notes for v6.0.2.0:

New: Added support for GPU acceleration for video decoding.
    New: Both DXVA and CUDA GPU acceleration are supported, and user can choose which one to be used. Note: you may need update graphic card driver to enable CUDA.
    Note: Currently only H264/VC1 in M2TS files are supported for GPU acceleration. MKV and other file formats will be supported later.

The settings for CUDA/DXVA can be found in DVDFab Common Settings->X to Mobile->GPU Acceleration.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well since we're on the topic... In regards to the "other file formats will be supported later" statement, I would like to see WMV VC-1 encoding CUDA accelerated for xbox 360 profiles... I believe that this is possible since VC-1 decoding is GPU accelerated... But I'm not 100% sure...

I know that Fentago and Ting have both noted that the Mobile options are in the process of being re-written - especially to add Win7 support... But hopefully this can get in there... Not that it does me any good until Win7 is supported... But I'm attempting to be patient...

Comment

KmR,
        I've been using DVD fab's DVD-Mobile feature with windows 7 with no trouble.
        (windows 7 x64 ultimate = primarily use avi-Xvid so I can stream to the 360 via tversity)

Comment

WMV doesn't work...

I never really had good experience with Xvid... But since WMV support is taking so long (due to the re-write I'm sure), I'm thinking about giving it another shot...

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Welcome to the forum, your English is fine.

From the release notes for v6.0.2.0:

New: Added support for GPU acceleration for video decoding.
            New: Both DXVA and CUDA GPU acceleration are supported, and user can choose which one to be used. Note: you may need update graphic card driver to enable CUDA.
            Note: Currently only H264/VC1 in M2TS files are supported for GPU acceleration. MKV and other file formats will be supported later.

The settings for CUDA/DXVA can be found in DVDFab Common Settings->X to Mobile->GPU Acceleration.
            Hi! I am also new to this forum and I am interested into the DVDFab product. I have a couple of questions to clarify the above:
            1) Is CUDA intended for nVidia graphics cards and DXVA for ATI graphics cards??
            2) Which one is better/faster, or do they both provide the same acceleration for video decoding/encoding?

Thanks!

Comment

Have a read of the thread in the "Answers to Common Questions" subforum about tested cards.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

OK, I saw the list of supported chipsets either with CUDA or DXVA. What about my question number 2 above? Which one is better/faster?
                Thanks.

Comment

Really no idea but would suggest that the NVidia chipset is better supported.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

There are limitations with the DXVA method, and they are (amongst others):
                    - Only certain renderers can be used depending on operating system (overlay mixer and VMR9 for Windows XP, Enhanced Video Renderer for Windows Vista/7).
                    - Cannot decode videos that was encoded with numbers of reference frames that exceed certain levels.
                    - Cannot have any intermediate filters (such as ffdshow Video Decoder or DirectVobSub) between the video decoder and the video renderer.
                    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

So, CUDA looks better after all... That troubles me, I was about to buy a new ATI HD 5870 graphics card, because I play games and for gaming this is currently one of the best for value/performance. But nVidia looks clearly better in video decoding/encoding, because of CUDA, and I am ripping many DVDs / Blu rays. So, I don't know what to do.. Should I buy GTX 285 if I find one?? But it is much lower performance than 5870. The 5870 has only GTX 295 to match the performance. But GTX 295 is quite expensive and dual GPU, meaning lots of power consumption and heat!!
                      Can you give a piece of advice here? You could help me to decide... As I said above I want both to:
                      a) Play games
                      b) Decode/encode video (DVDs/Blu rays/mkv etc.)
                      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X