Split feature Blue-Ray to Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split BR into multiple DVD9 disks

To avoid too much compress or limited to a specific amout of disk it would be excellent to have an option to split a BR into 2-3-4-5 dvd9

Comment

You can do this manually by using the chapter selection feature.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

We care about "Split" feature of "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" and it has a very high priority on todo list.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
          We care about "Split" feature of "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" and it has a very high priority on todo list.
          That is GREAT!! I think it would be a great add. And,, to answer someone in this thread,, YES I WOULD get up and change a disk, rather than pay 20 bucks for a 50 gig disc, I would put it on 2 2 dollar disks. The possibility of putting an expensive Blu-Ray movie on 2 disks at 100% quality, makes sense to me.

Thanks for putting it on the list, Fentao

Comment

Agree 2 discs same quality as original

Don't have a problem getting up and changing discs - would much rather do that then pay monster prices for dual layer discs. Don't understand reducing quality for home theater....

DVDFab is a great at ripping and using Imgbrn with it to burn is fantastic for 25GB BDs. Congrats to fengtao and team - I have had very few problems with the program and appreciate all the work on updates.

Will wait (patiently.....) for the split feature....

Comment

Originally posted by Riley101 View Post
              Found a solution using tsmuxer (freeware) to split files. After using DVDFab to rip to HD, and stream file (*.m2ts) is greater than 25GB, run tsmuxer - load in playlist file (*.mpls) from PLAYLIST subdirectory...entire movie will load…

Use tsmuxer "split & cut" tab to split by size - use Blu-ray disk output option (in new directory of your choice)- when muxing is done - new Blu-ray file structure is created, but now with two stream files, each less than 25GB.

Re-run tsmuxer this time loading in just one at a time of the two new stream files as input - again set output as Blu-ray disk - specify new directory for output as well. Do this for each stream file and two new file structures are created. Use DVDFab to burn each of these to individual 25 GB disks.

Worked on everything I tried so far....
              can u keep menus? and select audio tracks etc?

Comment

Originally posted by WhatISaw View Post
                If i select chapter 1-8 does this mean on the next disc i select chapter 9-16 or do i select 8-19?

19 being the last chapter.
                I did same. 1-8 worked perfect but dvdfab is lost while dealing with 9-18..it screws up, doing either compression or full back up lol..it has mind of its own..lol

Comment

Is split feature going to be included in DVDFab Blu-ray Copy license or will it cost extra?

Comment

No replies? I guess it is better hold my purchase until split function is out. Free part of the blu-ray copy does everything I need except splitting, so it would be a big dissapointment buying blu-ray copy now and find out later you needed to buy something not even released yet.

Comment

Split feature will be free for current "Blu-ray Copy" user.
                      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                        Split feature will be free for current "Blu-ray Copy" user.
                        Excellent! I just bought the license.
                        Last edited by r__; 11-24-2010, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X