Forum Thread Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Forum Thread Suggestion

This is a suggestion for this forum -- not the product.

There should be a thread in the Blu-Ray Copy sub-forum entitled "Main Movie"

In this Thread, people can post the correct "Main Movie" number to choose from when copying main movies from BluRays. Of course, only "confirmed" Main Movie selections should be posted in the thread.

So, for example, go to the "Main Movie" thread and post "Toy Story 3; Title 800."

This would enable users of the product to quickly scan one thread for multiple movies to find out the correct "Main Movie" to choose....

Tom

Some countries have different title for main movie so would need to as well add the country of the Blu-ray origin and maybe UPC code of it as well since different UPC Code ones may have different Main Movie Title.

Lots of variances for DVD and Blu-ray and a thread like that would be time consuming to control for forum staff but it is a good suggestion to make a sticky for that and would be up to the forum Admin to approve that

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think we will probably not be doing this, for the reasons AGJ listed it would be confusing, hard to search and the correct title is easy to find if you have a software movie player on your PC. DVDFab has gotten much better at picking the right one and I'm sure it will continue to improve.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't know; putting in the Region wouldn't be too confusing, would it?

And on the hard to search, both "toy" and "3" are not searchable in the forum because of the length of these words, 1 thread to scan rather than dozens or more would seem to me to be easier not harder.

I only have Sony bluray players that don't give the title so I guess I might be in the minority there.

Don't really see the harm, but I am a relative newbie here, so I would defer to those w/ more experience....

Comment

use the computer softplayer to figure out the title as most of them display the title being played

Comment

Originally posted by dallacuse View Post
            And on the hard to search, both "toy" and "3" are not searchable in the forum because of the length of these words, 1 thread to scan rather than dozens or more would seem to me to be easier not harder.
            Put this in google to get around the DVDFab forum search limitations:

site:forum.dvdfab.com toy story 3

Comment

@Complication:
              that's a nice work around to keep in mind re: the limitation I mentioned re searching these forums, thanks!

Tom

Comment

You can put short words (the threshold is 4 letters) in quotes to search them using the forum advanced search option. For instance, "Toy Story 3" returns hundreds of results.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  You can put short words (the threshold is 4 letters) in quotes to search them using the forum advanced search option. For instance, "Toy Story 3" returns hundreds of results.
                  Signals is the man. The quote trick allows me to search for "ps3" to get around the 4 letter requirement.

Comment

Working...
                  X