Forced subtitles rendered directly to image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Forced subtitles rendered directly to image

I have seen this mentioned in the forums but I'm not sure if it has been requested yet.

I would like to see a feature that would allow us to have forced subtitles rendered directly to the image (and only the forced subtitles). If I am watching a movie with a lot of foreign language or thick accents I don't mind watching it with the subtitles on. But there are a lot of movies that only have a few lines in foreign languages and in order to catch what is said the movie has to be stopped, rewound and the captions turned on, or just watched with the subtitles on the whole time.

This would be a MUCH loved and appreciated feature.

BD Ripper (and DVD Ripper) will do this now and have had the feature for some time. All you need to do is put a check in the box below the subpicture stream selection window, where it says "Display only forced subpicture". You also must be sure that the subpic stream you selected contains the forced subpics that you want, which you can do within DVDFab using the Preview window. Only the forced subpics will be rendered to the output video.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Actually tried the forced only thing. I think the problem is more that you can't "burn in" the subtitle to mkv output. It will generate a idx/sub output. That output is scetchy because the color pallet of the sub may be altered in the conversion.

Comment

The feature should work for any profile that actually decodes and re-encodes the video. It will not work for for VOB Passthrough (in DVD) or the remux profile (in BD).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          The feature should work for any profile that actually decodes and re-encodes the video. It will not work for for VOB Passthrough (in DVD) or the remux profile (in BD).
          True, I'm sorry about the confusion. I believe my issue is addressed in another thread. I should complete my cup of coffee prior to posting
          Last edited by krontab; 02-03-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X