No announcement yet.

BUG report on vs. 8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) BUG report on vs. 8!

Hi,

This is more like a BUG fix request, than a feature request.

I am using version 8 and I have noticed that the conversion settings screen is not keeping the Audio format preferences after to close the program. Is is happening to me in the MP4 options.

The sequence to reproduce the problem:

1) Start DVDFab
    2) Drag a movie onto it and ensure video is checked
    3) Pick MP4 converter
    4) Click 'Edit' at right hand of Profile
    5) Change settings the way you want, but pay special attention to the 'Audio format aac' section (change channel for Stereo and Bitrate for 48Kbps, for instances)
    6) Click top button 'Set as default'
    7) Click OK
    8) Close DVDFab

Now restart DVDFab again, drag a movie onto it (may be the same movie or a different one, it doesn't matter), ensure it is checked and click the Edit button next to the Profile. You will notice that all the settings were kept BUT the 'Audio format aac' ones - it has turned back to DolbyPrologicII at 96kbps.

Is this a bug or not? I guess it is. Anyway, it is preventing me to make a proper conversion when using DVDFab from the command line because it is losing my settings.

Thanks!

PS: We are registered users - my boss email is xxx@xxxxxxxxxcom and I am using his copy at our company. I really would appreciate that this issue would be fixed, or that at least you tell me away to turnaround it.

I'm not sure this is a bug. You can set the audio downmix preference in DVDFab Common Settings, in the DVD/Blu-ray Ripper section under "Convert" to "Stereo". If this is set to Pro Logic or something else, it may override the default setting, I'm not sure. DVDFab chooses the audio bitrate to match the settings for audio encoding.

The DVDFab license agreement does not have any provisions for "communal use" of a license by groups of people. They have a commercial license for that. I have removed your boss' email address from your earlier post to prevent harvesting by a spam bot.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have recently reported this problem to DVDFab---The default settings do not save the edited audio bitrate or stereo/Dolby PL in mp4,iPod,iPad,iPhone in v8068 & 8072 & 8073---they just revert back to original settings.

Comment

It may also be because the downmix settings and bitrate will vary depending on the audio streams in the original disc.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, signals, I note your point, but if I wish to set a default profile (mp4 etc) to always convert to say; stereo 128kbps --then I should be able to.
          The settings do not hold. I get around this situation by manually resetting the default profile (mp4 etc), for my requirements, but I should not have to do that. This situation has been like this for a long time, that is why other members are having the same problems. I hope DVDFab can fix it soon,

Comment

DVDFab have replied to me concerning this "problem".
            They confirm that the changes to the audio settings are not saved, the program is meant to function like that !!

Comment

It's a bug, we will fix it asap.

Actually we are rewriting profile related things, and when it's finished, the profile will be easier to manage.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
              X