Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) A DVDFab.com suggestion

Hi there,

Being a DVDFab user since its v3, I would have a suggestion to make the customer experience friendlier, in a way that is not related to the programs themselves, but that involves the DVDFab.com website.

Let me explain through what I'm going through at the moment, to illustrate my feature request.

So, I'm a DVDFab Platinum 3.x registered user with a lifetime license, and a happy one at that. My license includes DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile. I have a growing collection of Blu-ray discs and just got a Blu-ray burner the other day. No need to say that I'd be more than tempted to convert some of those movies to some of the portable devices my wife and I use, for instance, or fill-in that hard-drive for the long-distance trip to the in-laws. So, all in all, it looks like I could make good use of a full DVDFab program suite. But that's where the trouble begins!

With the different offerings, it's become increasingly difficult to get a clear view of what you're having and what you're lacking, and what the upgrade will cost.

Meanwhile, I noticed that there's now a members section, which states what you own, and it looks to me like the perfect place to include "tailored" upgrades. For instance, one could be proposed complimentary options to their present DVDFab products, up to the full DVDFab suite.

I noticed that in order to obtain the full equivalent to DVDFab all-in-one, I should add to my DVDFab products : DVDFab Blu-ray Toolkit + DVDFab Video Converter + DVDFab File Transfer, which amounts to US$ 299, for lifetime subscriptions, just like the DVDFab All-In-One offering. This means that my DVDFab platinum license is worth nothing, and I find it a little sad. Having a "tailored" shop would mean that relevant custom upgrades would be on offer, for it could seem that being an "old" DVDFab user brings no benefit.

Implementing such functions on the website should not be too difficult, at least far easier than making such great software.

I don't know if my suggestion will make it, or if it was already considered (I guess that the members' section is a hint), but it could make the buying process easier to existing users.

Thanks!

There are some upgrades and package deals available on the Buy Now page. There were some discount and combo deals that expired Dec.31 2010. You can reduce the cost by purchasing only what you need (excluding in your case Video Converter and File Transfer). There are also discounts if you buy more than one product at a time that are listed on the Buy Now page.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
      Did you go to the members area to see if you have any offers available to you.
      I did, but there's no suggestion in the upgrade section. I just get this message: "You haven’t yet purchased any upgrade product".

So, am I to understand that indeed the members section is, or could be, a place for upgrade offers? That would make my rant (it's a gentle one!) unnecessary, and that would be good news!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the replies, since then, I've become the proud owner of the Blu-Ray toolkit and the full Passkeys (BD+DVD)!

Cheers, mates!

Comment

The Members area has been used for free upgrades for existing customers. The offers expired at the end of 2010 so you can't see them now. It will probably be used again for this at some point, but is handy for keeping up with your DVDFab keys and licenses in the meantime.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X