No profiles for earlier iPhones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No profiles for earlier iPhones?

I notice that BD Ripper (and presumably DVD Ripper) has built-in profiles for the iPhone 4. Would it be feasible for DVDFab to include profiles for earlier iPhone / iPod Touch generations?

The problem is the increase in size of the installer that would be necessary to have all versions of every profile for all devices (not just Apple) available within the program. Also, the older profiles were designed for earlier versions of DVDFab and those internal codecs and might not run correctly on the current version. The "iPod meg4" profile is generic enough to work with almost any apple mobile device that will play video, but if you will describe the device version I'll see if I have or can find the profile for it (if there was one).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My handheld device is a second-generation iPod Touch, which is identical (as far as video is concerned) to the second-generation iPhone.

If I can import a profile for this, it would be perfect. I can confirm that the iPhone 4 profile is not compatible.

Comment

Try the iPod mpeg-4 one I mentioned, if that doesn't work let me know.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Under Blu-Ray Ripper, iPod / iPhone, there are only three profiles listed:
          • iPhone4.1080p.mp4
          • iPhone4.mp4
          • iPhone4.mp4.multichannel

Under Blu-Ray Ripper, to MP4, there are several more profiles listed, but none mention "ipod." All those that mention iPhone are explicitly "iPhone4."

I don't see "iPod mpeg-4" listed anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong place?
          Last edited by Djinn; 04-22-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

It's in DVD Ripper (or was). I'll look again.

Comment

Ah... I don't have DVD Ripper. I currently have a software solution that allows me to go from DVD to iPod-compatible formats. What I need is one that does Bluray to iPod-compatible formats.

Comment

Working...
              X