Seperate modules in one installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Seperate modules in one installer

Seperate the modules so they install in their own programs folder, each with their own start folder/shortcut/desktop icon and not dependant on the other. Include all in one installer but allow the user to select what is actually installed or not according to the individuals needs.
    I think support could better handle bugs and actually get things fixed while not breaking other modules in the process. You could still technically call it a "all-in-one" program since it would be all included in one installer.

I'm almost certain this has be suggested before but PLEASE consider it and everyone else add a +1 that would like to see this happen.

That is a great suggestion and I second the motion

Comment

+2

See how wrong I am though coz I reckon it will never happen !!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

+3
        great idea!

Comment

+4
          Awesome idea W&B.
          I know the idea has been bantered about, but I don't recall anyone proposing this as definitively as you did...and in the Features Requests to boot
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I'm not sure if this would be practical, and might make the installed size of DVDFab much larger. The DVDFab functions look like they stand alone in the navigation menu but the parts interrelate and many sub-functions are used by other modules/options. This is not a vote against, just sayin'.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Dear all,

As signals said, it will make the installer very big, and make dev hard to maintain.

It's not common that we fix a bug and break another feature. Actually we do any cross module update very carefully now and do many test before releasing a new version, even beta.

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                Dear all,

As signals said, it will make the installer very big, and make dev hard to maintain.

It's not common that we fix a bug and break another feature. Actually we do any cross module update very carefully now and do many test before releasing a new version, even beta.

Best Regards,
                Fengtao
                Okey dokey,

Appreciate your taking a look at this and also your explanation as to its impracticality from a developer's perspective.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I was right !!!
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Then seperate modules in separate installers is not an option? Just seems it would be so much easier to maintain and squash bugs but I'm not a programmer so I have no idea. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

+5 The DvdFab UI is getting bloated with each new product is added

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                        Dear all,

Best Regards,
                        Fengtao
                        the threadstarter post a good idea but i think this is better:

don't change the current gui/installer, chance only the installroutine

allow do unselect (un)needed moduls like this

[] Full Install
                        [x]DVD Ripper
                        [] DVD Copy
                        [x]BD Ripper

after the install the user can only use the installed components.
                        so i dont need anymore uncheck all unlicensed moduls
                        (the option "show only licensed moduls" won't work)

with this way the installer should has the same size as yet and the gui is'nt changed.
                        current gui is very good, and i dont like any other...

Comment

Working...
                        X