This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Fix It for XP SP3 users

Please work on a fix for us XP SP3 users who are having problems, whatever you changed or added to the first QT version is more than likely causing this problem. There are quiet a few post on this subject, thank you, and to the mods I am not a newbie with fab as I started with ver. 2.9 and never had a problem until the QT came out
    Paid Not To Work
    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
    Proudly Served On
    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

They are working on it daily and have been for weeks. I assure you that the users with this problem have not been forgotten. If they could duplicate the problem it could be solved faster. I could not make it fail on my old XPSP3 rig either.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      They are working on it daily and have been for weeks. I assure you that the users with this problem have not been forgotten. If they could duplicate the problem it could be solved faster. I could not make it fail on my old XPSP3 rig either.
      Thanks Paul just wish they could find out whats going on because I have tried everything, I know it will be hard to troubleshoot when some can't even load it to get a log
      Paid Not To Work
      Proudly Served On
      USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)

Comment

Well I guess that Fengtao isn't worrying about the XP users who are having trouble which I believe is with the splash screen as he hasn't said a word about it, at one time he would have worked on it but I guess he has gotten to big now to worry about us guys who don't have Win 7
        Paid Not To Work
        Proudly Served On

Comment

I don't think so Jimbo but I have been known to be wrong before !!

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          Well I guess that Fengtao isn't worrying about the XP users who are having trouble which I believe is with the splash screen as he hasn't said a word about it, at one time he would have worked on it but I guess he has gotten to big now to worry about us guys who don't have Win 7
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Jimbo, sorry to hear you and other XP users still have no resolution to the XP SP3 / Fab conundrum .
            Very odd that it hits some users and not others.
            I guess it follows that there seems to be no "universal fix"...at least on the part of those users who have either stumbled on or perservered their way to a fix.

I just resurrected an older dell lappie, formatted the hdd and did a new install...XP Pro (the MS install disc has SP2)
            I installed all the windoz updates including SP3.

Fab 8098 QT is running smoothly on the old dell...go figure.

Wish I could help, but like Paul's XP rig, it just won't fail.
            Fab just keeps chugging merrily away.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

We have tried everything we can but could not reproduce the problem on XP.

If someone is able to find the condition to reproduce the problem, it will be great helpful.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi Fengtao
                I am not sure if Fab is configured to update GPU drivers on install but, the other day when I had started Fab I had a program running and noticed that NVidia was trying to connect to my computer and was blocked.

Fab is running fine on my computer, I had only had a problem a few betas ago where it would not run and crashed constantly, but that issue has been resolved.

I am running Vista SP2

CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                  We have tried everything we can but could not reproduce the problem on XP.

If someone is able to find the condition to reproduce the problem, it will be great helpful.
                  OK here is what it's doing on mine and a few others, it gets to the last step (finishing Installation) and just freezes and thats it, I have tried 8.0.8.9 and I would have to go to the file and open it from there as it wouldn't open using the icon, If I thought the graffic card was the problem I would change that if I was sure it worked, these QT versions are the first problem I have had since version 2.9. Sorry if I sounded rude in my other post but this is driving me up the wall LOL I have installed and uninstalled so many times
                  Last edited by Jimbo; 06-16-2011, 05:04 AM.
                  Paid Not To Work
                  Proudly Served On

Comment

The finishing installation step is likely when registry entries are added. Do you have software installed that protects the registry in some way? You might try disconnecting yourself from the internet, disable any firewall/virus/malware protections, and trying the install again.

I'm grasping at straws here but since nothing else has worked.

Comment

OK my ISP had Norton On Line so I deleted that and cleaned the reg. and d/l 8.1.0.0 but I had to run it in the 2000 mode fab would open up fine and after I checked the setting it stopped responding so I restarted and it opened and read the movie and when I clicked start it stopped responding again so I am getting there somewhat, any more ideas gang
                      Paid Not To Work
                      Proudly Served On

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                        OK my ISP had Norton On Line so I deleted that and cleaned the reg. and d/l 8.1.0.0 but I had to run it in the 2000 mode fab would open up fine and after I checked the setting it stopped responding so I restarted and it opened and read the movie and when I clicked start it stopped responding again so I am getting there somewhat, any more ideas gang
                        Jimbo, looks like 8099 & 8100 have the XP SP3 problem fixed:

Fab and XP Pro Thanks at Last

//EDIT

Oops, sorry pal, I read you were still back on 8089.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                          Jimbo, looks like 8099 & 8100 have the XP SP3 problem fixed:

Fab and XP Pro Thanks at Last

//EDIT

Oops, sorry pal, I read you were still back on 8089.
                          Well Tom I can get 8100 to open now but it stops responding (freezes up) after a little time so I am still pulling my hair out, soon I'll be bald headed hahaha
                          Paid Not To Work
                          Proudly Served On

Comment

DVDFab (UI/General) Fix It for XP SP3 users

it IS starting to freeze on mine as well.

there seems to be a problem with ver. 8.1.0.0qt..
                            DIDN'T have a problem with dvdfab prior to 8.1.0.0qt

may revert back to the 'stable' of 8.0.9.8qt or 8.0.9.7betaQt UNTIL Fengtao and his staff figures out what the problem with 8.1.0.0

am a xp pro user as well

the application cannot be killed on the "windows tasks manager"

it freezes the whole computer.

here's the part when the application is starting to freeze while loading.

on the new logo screen' I noticed it stops at...

load profile.... dvd.zume.wmv.wma.xml

whatever that is....

Comment

Dear all,

If you still have startup problem on windows xp with dvdfab v8100, please re-download to see the result, thank.

Best Regards,
                              Fengtao
                              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                              X