X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE!!! Blu-Ray to Mobile

Hi all,

is there any way to rip the main movie from a BD and stuff it into a MKV file container?
    -Since I've gotten my Western Digital WDTV, I'd like to get rid of all these BDs (and DVDs) physically all together, just rip the contents in high-definition format onto a huge external USB-harddisk. Did so with my ~200 DVDs already, but although this was easy for DVDs, I couldn't find a similar way for BDs?

TIA!

Not at the moment but it is on the drawing board for Fab.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

this is a good suggestion +1

Comment

I agree. I'm using MakeMKV right now and it can't handle several Blu-ray disks. How about handling HD-DVD as well?
        Last edited by DavidB; 09-24-2009, 08:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

another dead spammer

Spam post deleted and user banned for life. Thanks to all who reported it.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Blue-ray to mobile

I have been trying to make all my movies available on my touch. I love the dvd to mobile, But since I bought my blue ray player for my TV, I am starting to collect alot of blue rays and would like to put those on my touch. I know that the quality wouldn't be as good, but it would be nice to have blue ray to mobile available. I don't know if anyone has said anything about that yet, The search came up none.

Comment

please see this post

Comment

Bluray to Mobile

>>>First of all thanks for the "BD+" update it's perfect.<<<
                Bd compression is great but making mkv ,mpeg4 and other formats would be even greater.I know that it IS possible because there is a program called "make mkv" that creates mkv from blurays and hd DVDs.
                Do you have any plans about something like that?(sorry for my english)

Comment

I do not know where the thread is but fengtao has mentioned they probably will be adding that in future but need to get the kinks out of the BD to BD first, I think it was over on cdf where he said it

Comment

Maybe I misunderstand request, but doesnt it already do this? Just load your BD m2ts stream file as source and chhoose option "file to mobile", then "more" and option "to MKV" is there along with option to change profile to whatever codec combo you want to use

Comment

PLEASE!!! Blu-Ray to Mobile

Please, please please give us Blu-Ray to Mobile!

I haven't bought a DVD in at least two years now and it absolutely sucks that I can't take the Blu-Ray that I've already purchased and make a copy for my iphone.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Fengtao announced it is in the plans but would not give any details as to when it would be ready. It is in the planning stages.

Edit: Blu-Ray to Mobile
                        Last edited by W&B; 12-13-2009, 06:31 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

I think it is actually beyond planning and in the "working on" phase, but is not complete yet. There is no date or even an estimate.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Like to try that.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Not at the moment but it is on the drawing board for Fab.
                            Good to hear. Can't wait to try it. MKV file, gooood!!

Comment

I am currently using the free part of DVDFab for decrypting DVD to hard disk only.

There is currently no easy way to convert videos from Blu-Ray directly to MKV/MP4. If DVDFab will implement this feature in the future I may consider buying it.

What I want most is something like the functionality of Handbrake, which allows me to convert DVD videos to MKV/MP4 complete with subtitles when necessary.

I agree with others here that such a feature would be really great.

Comment

Working...
                              X