This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for Motorola Droid

I hope the Droid can be added to the Cell Phone list soon for DVD to Mobile.

It has a screen resolution of 854x480 and records natively in 3gp format. It recognizes m4v and mp4 files but I can't find much close to the full resolution.

Do you know that you can edit the profiles to give exactly what you want?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have placed a profile for the Droid in the New Profiles thread in DVD to Mobile.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by GA_SIE View Post
        I hope the Droid can be added to the Cell Phone list soon for DVD to Mobile.

It has a screen resolution of 854x480 and records natively in 3gp format. It recognizes m4v and mp4 files but I can't find much close to the full resolution.
        It does not support 854x480 for video according to the specs I found; the max is 720x480.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          It does not support 854x480 for video according to the specs I found; the max is 720x480.
          854x480 is the screen resolution and it can play at 30fps. The video RECORDER can only record at 720x480 so of course it will only play back at that lower res. That's where a lot of the confusion was coming in with the Droid. It can play full 854x480 at 30fps on a DVD conversion and it is very clear and very smooth. Just be ready for some serious battery drain. Have an extra battery, a plug, or a battery booster nearby. Ahh..changing batteries; another reason why the Droid is better then the iPhone. :-)

--Steve
          Last edited by AGJ; 04-09-2010, 07:17 PM. Reason: removed email

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have been wanting to ask someone with one of these if the video looks any better on the device if you encode at the max or choose a lower resolution to encode faster and save file size. The screen has lots of pixels but is still a handheld device. Have you tried anything smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by kenoshabrew View Post
              854x480 is the screen resolution and it can play at 30fps. The video RECORDER can only record at 720x480 so of course it will only play back at that lower res. That's where a lot of the confusion was coming in with the Droid. It can play full 854x480 at 30fps on a DVD conversion and it is very clear and very smooth. Just be ready for some serious battery drain. Have an extra battery, a plug, or a battery booster nearby. Ahh..changing batteries; another reason why the Droid is better then the iPhone. :-)

--Steve
              @kenoshabrew

I removed your email so you not get unwanted spam

Comment

Working...
              X