Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD Ripper without reencode

Hi,
    I think this has been requested before, but I could not find the thread.

I'd like to be able to keep the original movie quality for some of my bluray movies, but convert them into files which my media player supports: mp4.

I've looked through the settings and there doesn't seem to be any way to configure this.

I am also assuming that it would take very little time to do a rip if there wasn't any reencoding happening.

Just curious, what player supports MP4s like this? For all Blu-ray types? (h264, VC-1, MPEG-2 etc.). I think for some of these you would have to re-encode. You can make 1080p re-encodes now with the iPhone4 1080 profile.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

MKV.remux and M2TS Passthrough would be what you are looking for. Keep in mind that this would keep the DTS audio which may or may not work for you. MP4 players usually require the audio to be AAC.

You might consider using DVDFab Ripper to get around the copy protection and get the content off the disc and then use freely available tools to repackage the streams as you desire (try videohelp.com).

Comment

rule of thumb, if you cant jsut rename the m2ts files to mp4 and have the player play them, you cant do it without trans coding. I dunno why people over think these things.

Comment

Working...
        X