Feature Request - here or over there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - here or over there?

I just want to use DVDFab for all my conversion operations.

So 2 very simple features I need badly:

First, PLEASE can we have an option to retain Date/Time of the converted files?

And 2nd, can we have the ability to save the conversion settings in the Device and Profile Lists?

And name the custom setups? (I am betting this has been requested, I did not look far, my main request is the first one)

Sean

Moved thread to Feature Request sub-forum.

Comment

Is it going to be hard to implement date/time retention?

The reason is that I have videos I shoot on my Mobile, that are incompatible with some software I use, and I want to retain the date/time, as that means they can be seen on the calander correctly.

Sean.

Comment

Just add/edit date/time in metafile
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

So ad it first to the original? Then how in the altered, I am confused, they go in with various dates/times, then when they come out they are dated today.

I have hundreds of files, is there a way we can have the date/time of original files retained with a switch?

Sean.

Comment

You can incorporate the conversion year, month and day into the filename using the filename format generator in Common Settings->DVD/Blu-ray Ripper->Output, but this is the current date/time, not the original file creation date. Are you using Video Converter to make the conversions?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes Signals, i would prefer to use Video Converter over xxxxxxxxx my requirements are to have a switch to allow for Date/Time tags to be transferred to each file, I want to convert my Phone camera videos to another format but retain all other details, because their date and time etc. are essential to the organisation of the diary.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2011, 10:49 PM. Reason: forum policy

Comment

Working...
              X