Batch edit of Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Batch edit of Language

When batch converting Ripped files (DVD in my case) we can change the encoder and audio / video settings from within the batch list.

Can we PLEASE get the option to also select the audio language from the list?

I ahve a lot of dual-language DVDs (I live in Switzerland but speak English) and lots of my Ripped AVIs turn up int he wrong language because I miss the right settings when setting up the batch processing (Some are Gernam in DTS and get autoselected over English in DD). Being able to go through the list once before pressing "Start" would be great!

Shane

If you have the default audio stream selection set up for English in Common Settings, the only way you should be able to wind up with German audio is if there is no english stream available in the Source (in which case Ripper will always select the top audio stream from the list).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      If you have the default audio stream selection set up for English in Common Settings, the only way you should be able to wind up with German audio is if there is no english stream available in the Source (in which case Ripper will always select the top audio stream from the list).
      Well it seems to perfer German over English in some DVDs. That's for sure. Only today I wound up with a few German AVIs again.....

I just re-checked and the newest version does the same (8.1.2.6). I have the preferred languages set as (in the following order, top to bottom) English, German, Romanian. On the DVD of "About Schmidt" (for example) it chooses German ahead of English each time.
      Last edited by diddleydoo; 10-18-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Set it to default to English. If you have several listed that are all present, the results can be unpredictable.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Set it to default to English. If you have several listed that are all present, the results can be unpredictable.
          Well i would have thought it logical that it would take the order of the languages as defined in the preferences list. that would be best because I also have other DVDs which have NO english and where German might NOT be the only other language present..... I am looking to batch process my DVDs (manually takes forever) and this is a sticking point

Comment

Working...
          X