This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert to Mpeg2

As it is extremely difficult to find and configure a reliable streaming utility for media sharing to TV please add the option to convert File To MP2
    As it is I am having to use a convert on the fly utility to be able to stream my movies to Directv which does not recognize MP4.

And if someone would please take a moment to briefly explain the difference between mp4 and mpeg2. As far as I can tell mp4 just compresses to a smaller package. Mpeg2 is able to do hi def 1080i.
    So what is the big deal with mp4?

thx

M U C H better compression.

Comment

thx. That is what I thought. I tried the VOB pass thru which converts to mpeg2 but the odd thing is that while Windows MP will play with sound all other programs play with video only. no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyde View Post
        thx. That is what I thought. I tried the VOB pass thru which converts to mpeg2 but the odd thing is that while Windows MP will play with sound all other programs play with video only. no sound.
        Probably lack AC-3 support. Try VLC, it's free.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X