Chapter Selection for Concert DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Chapter Selection for Concert DVDs

1. First let me thank DVDFabs for giving me the opportunity to try out the ripping features for DVDs and BDs.

2. After ripping a few concert DVDs and BDs for my iPad, Kindlefire and Galaxy, I found the best results is using the ipad output for BDs and the kindlefire output for DVDs.

3. However, the output size for both is quite big, ranging from 1.5Gs to 3Gs, which quickly fills up the limited space available from the 16G or 32G capacity of most tablets.

4. Therefore, if we can pick and choose the chapters we want, usually 3-5 chapters from any given concert DVDs or BDs, this will save a lot of space without having to rip the entire disc-including those chapters that we don't really need.

5. Please advise whether such features are feasible in the near future as this will impact on my decision to get the whole package or just the renewal.

Many thanks, again,
    Last edited by childer; 01-19-2012, 02:58 AM.

If the original disc has chapters, you can use them to re-arrange the playback order or choose only certain ones. Follow these steps, it will work in DVD or BD Ripper:
    • Copy the concert to a folder (VIDEO_TS or BDMV) on your hard drive
    • Open the correct Ripper, no discs in your optical drive
    • Select the folder you just made as Source
    • Select the correct title if there is more than one. Use Title Start/End points button to select the chapter(s) to convert, and make all settings of bitrate, audio etc.
    • When that one is as you want it, click the Source folder button again and select your concert folder again.
    • Select the title as before
    • Select the chapter(s) as before
    • To add more chapters, re-load the Source folder again and repeat the steps above until you have them all, then click the Open Queue button to check the job list.
    • If all is OK, click Start.
    See the capture attached of the queue showing a conversion of the same Source listed 3 times with different chapters.
    (This was a Blu-ray and not a concert but the steps would be the same.)

If the files are too large, use a smaller frame size. 720xXXX or even 704xXXX looks great on an iPhone or iPad. The profile shown in the capture has a wide selection of sizes available.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

Wonderful!!

I will try tomorrow following your instructions and let you know my results.

Many many thanks, again,

Comment

As an aside, on well-authored Concert DVD's, chapters are usually individual songs, but no guarantees.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

An update:

1. First tried to rip from a BD chaps. 3-4, 10-11, and 20-21, it stayed on 1/6 Task for over 2 hours at 99.99%. Failed.

2. Then tried only Chaps. 3-4 and 10-11, it stayed on 1/4 Task for over 20 hours at 99.98%. Failed.

3. Tried only Chaps. 3-4, it stayed on 1/2 Task for 5+ hours at 99.98%. Failed.

Consumed and gave up. Any further advice?

Can't DVDFab make it simpler to have the check boxes for chapter selections?

Comment

Working...
          X