DVD9 to DVD5 by Encode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD9 to DVD5 by Encode

right now i am using other software for making dvd9 to dvd5 by encode not Transcoding but it's been over 4 yrs that they have updated the software ,
    (everything that they have is out dated now)

because they are not updating software anymore... i can't use new Cinema Craft Encoder SP3, ProCoder 3... and other new Encoder

if you guys add dvd9 to dvd5 by encoding...by using free ones HC Encoder(Big Fun of HCenc), QuEnc, ReJig, and etc. and pay one like Cinema craft Encoder(Love CCE with 4 or 5 pass... dvd5 looks 100% like dvd9), Canopus ProCoder

i know transcoding is faster then encoding... but i i prefer quality over time

i will move to DVDFab, soon as you guys add this or something like this (i am big fun of quality dvds)
    sorry English is not my 1st leg...
    Last edited by signals; 07-08-2012, 03:29 PM.

bump

Comment

I dont know if this will help with your Problem,
      but I guess you could try DVD Rebuilder PRO.

I have NOT used it, so I do not know how well it does.

It says it Encodes instead of Trancoding.

Comment

Originally posted by ordman View Post
        I dont know if this will help with your Problem,
        but I guess you could try DVD Rebuilder PRO.

I have NOT used it, so I do not know how well it does.

It says it Encodes instead of Trancoding.
        ya that i am using....out dated over 4yr not updated

Comment

"Encoding" has been used many, many times when the correct term is "Transcoding". It is a misnomer but widely used, maybe because of the negative connotations of "Transcoding" implying quality loss which may or may not be true. I personally use "Encoding" on this forum because of users general lackof understanding of "Transcoding"

In my humble opinion, "Encoding" only ever occurs ONCE when the original format is digitised, for example Film->Blu-Ray.

All processes that utilise the 2nd generation copy as the source (in this case Blu-Ray) and convert it to another format are "Transcoding"...
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Th3KiNG View Post
            ya that i am using....out dated over 4yr not updated
            The DVD specs haven't changed for ages so what is there to update? Installing the latests HCEnc you can do by your self.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
              The DVD specs haven't changed for ages so what is there to update? Installing the latests HCEnc you can do by your self.
              wann use new CCE and new other encode out

Comment

i tested

Source DVD9

DVD5 using DVDFab

DVD5 using DVDRB/CCE | Encode 3pass

DVD5 using DVDRB/HCE | Encode 2pass

i don't see no diff... will use DVDFab now on :P

Comment

Thanks for sharing these interesting results, I am going to move them to the DVDFab Knowledge Base forum with a different title, "Transcode vs. Encode".
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Why i only see a green frog in a IceCube?

Comment

Because your browser is not allowing you to see the images that are hosted at imageshack...

Here's the link to one of them. Try it!!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Still the same.
                        IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, all same problem.
                        Last edited by tectpro; 08-16-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

update... this time i added a CCE SP2 and did same movie and same pic

DVD9

DVD5 using DVDFab

DVD5 using DVDRB/CCE SP2 1.0.1.9 | Encode 3pass

Comment

Can't see much difference in the stills. How much faster was DVDFab?
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVDFab was like 15mins Transcode
                              CCE SP2 was like 65mins Encode

Comment

Working...
                              X