CD Ripper Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) CD Ripper Feature

It would be really nice if DVDFab could include a CD Ripper into the suite.

That way DVDFab would cover all types of optical media.

Important features would include:

1) the ability to encode to multiple filetypes with various codecs on the fly
    2) the ability to automatically query the freedb.org database to get track names etc.
    3) the ability to normalize the volume on the fly (this should be available for DVD/BD rippers as well)

It would also be advantageous if DVDFab had it's own tag editor that was able to edit tags in files manually and also to select cover art for files.

What does everybody think?

Please tell me why Fab should devote precious time to developing this when there are already squillions of free and commercial applications that do this?

May we be party to your wisdom?

PS: I think it is WOFT!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Greg, be nice to Greg

P.S. How many is a squillion?????????
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Which is the largest number, squillions or gazillions?

The depth of both the squillion and the gazillion is that they can be as big as you want them to be, or nothing at all... Gazillion sounds bigger

So it could mean that there is zero such program out there.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Please tell me why Fab should devote precious time to developing this when there are already squillions of free and commercial applications that do this?

May we be party to your wisdom?

PS: I think it is WOFT!!!

I'm Back.

Gregiboy, is right there are a lot of FREE CD Rippers out there.

But there is 1(one) program out there (which maybe I should NOT name),which I tend to use because I use put in the Important info.

The Main reason I use it, is because it has a PRO plugin, and I did some sound checking, and I could NOT really tell a difference in the sound Quality.

AND, I can Put my CD Cover on EACH Track.

If DVDfab could make a CD Ripper, with some GOOD Featues, and GOOD sound Quality, it might be another Feather in their cap.

Comment

CD Ripper

@GregiBoy Thanks for you're useless and frankly quite aggressive comment on this request. Obviously I don't think it's a WOTF or I would have requested it.

I fully understand that there are a lot of free CD rippers out there and I have used quite a few of them. I currently use fre:ac which is OK but not perfect.

Personally I would like to see a suite that can deal with all of my optical media in one place. As DVDFab already has support for many codecs and containers, creating a CD ripper would not be a particularly taxing task to achieve.

I just think this would be a nice feature to complete DVDFab as a complete optical media solution. Especially if coupled with an audio normalisation feature.

Comment

Working...
            X