Title Change box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Title Change box

Many dvd's, mainly older ones have a generic title like DVD_VIDEO. Is it possible to add a title change box to the ripper, like the one on dvd copy?

It already has one, it's on the Edit page.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Rename it here:
      Attached Files
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

This was on version 8, but version 9 no longer has it.

I can't seem to find how to edit the file, one of my player's only works off the Title and it doesn't handle non-english characters in the title well.

Comment

That thread it 3 months old, and yeah it does not apply to version 9 never was intended to, it's on the to do list for version 9 look for it in an update. In the interim you can rip the disc to the HDD, probably should do that anyway, rename it, then make your file from the folder.
          Last edited by 90312; 12-19-2012, 12:22 AM.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

We are working on this.

Comment

I realize this is an old thread but I just found this feature and was happy to see it however, it doesn't seem to work properly in either the current stable version or beta version of 9 when ripping multiple titles. I'm currently ripping the 5 seasons of That '70's Show which generally have 6-7 episodes on a disc and I find that when I get to (usually) the 3rd title to rip, select it, analyze it and click on edit to change the file name it has the information for the previous entry. There were one or two times this didn't happen but they were the exceptions.

So, for example, if I select title 2 (title 1 is the play all option) and rename it 'That '70's Show - s04e23 Hyde's Birthday' then select title 3 and rename it 'That '70's Show - s04e24 That '70s Musical' then select title 4 and go to rename it it's pre-populated with 'That '70's Show - s04e24 That '70s Musical' rather than 'THAT70SSHOW_S4_D3.Title4' as it should be and this holds true for all remaining titles on the disc. I've dl'd and installed the current stable version of 8 and this feature works perfectly (as do the subtitles as I have another issue with them in 9 that I posted in a different thread) in it.

Comment

This task done, please try 9023beta.
                It is in Ripper -> Advanced Settings -> Information.

Comment

Yes, but as I said- it doesn't work correctly. I am using, and running into this problem with, 9.0.2.3b

Comment

You said you were using the Edit button, have you tried what my friend Potti said, using the Advanced Settings->Information button?
                    Originally posted by Quin View Post
                    Yes, but as I said- it doesn't work correctly. I am using, and running into this problem with, 9.0.2.3b
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I believe that's the option in v9 and yes however, I'm ripping the final disc of episodes at the moment (using 8) so when that is done I will open it in 9 and double-check- it will about 1 1/2 hours from now.

Comment

Okay, so here's what happens:
                        Open 9.0.2.3
                        Program opens disc, analyzes longest title and selects it- in this case, title1 which I don't need
                        I un-check title1, click on title2, it turns blue, I click on the checkbox
                        Program analyzes title2
                        Profile selected as default is avi.xvid.mp3.custom (the custom part is because I set it to 'normal' rather than 'small' for video quality and had to save it as a custom profile or it would keep defaulting to small).

I click on 'advanced settings' then on 'information'- the filename shows up as
                        'THAT70SSHOW_S5_D4.Title2' and the title as 'THAT70SSHOW_S5_D4.Title2.DVDRip'
                        I highlight and replace with 'That '70's Show - s01e08 Drive-In' in both fields.
                        I click 'okay' then click on title3, it turns blue, I click on the checkbox and it's analyzed.
                        Same profile- I click on 'advanced settings' and then 'information'- this time the 2 fields are pre-populated with 'THAT70SSHOW_S5_D4.Title3' and 'THAT70SSHOW_S5_D4.Title3.DVDRip' which I highlight and replace with 'That '70's Show - s01e09 Thanksgiving'. I click okay.

I click title4, it turns blue, I click the checkbox and the program analyzes the title. Same profile, I click 'advance settings' then 'information' and the 2 fields are pre-populated with 'That '70's Show - s01e09 Thanksgiving' and if I go through and do this with the other titles on the disc it will keep happening. If I go back and look at title2 again it will also show this information.

I did try just putting the info in and running the program anyway but the titles came out all jumbled- 9 was 10 and 10 was 8 etc rather than the information I put in.

Comment

We will check this issue asap, thanks for your report.
                          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                          X