Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v9 DVD / BR Rippper Enhanchment Requests!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) v9 DVD / BR Rippper Enhanchment Requests!

This new interface is not friendly one bit, I like the graphics, but that's as far as it gets. Things that would be great!

1. I used the queue feature in 8 all the time with TV shows on DVD or BR its a MUST HAVE! If it is in 9 I have no idea where.

2. Need the option ONLY RENDER FORCED SUBTITLES!!!!

3. If you gave us a embed subtitles that would be AWESOME!

4. Put Automatic Calculated Resolutions back in the Resolution Dropdowns

5. Set defaults on Profiles. (ex. I would like to default bitrate or size options in a profile.)

6. Set default Profile.

7. Multichannel audio encoding apple devices don't seem to like the 5.1 format when pushed out via HDMI or optical to a stereo, could the be encoded DD or DTS so that stereo receivers know what to do with it? This is on iPads or Apple TV new or Old. I have a $900 Denon Receiver that basically sees the audio as stereo. Or is there a better profile to use?

If you keep on the v9 path PLEASE bring these soon!!!

Experiment some, most of the things you ask about are already there. See the screen captures for examples of queing multiple jobs and selecting only forced subs.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Doomsday
      Try the new update, v9.0.1.2. Some of the fixes/features in it may effect some of the things on your list.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Tried a couple of those.

I will have to try 9.0.1.2 I did find the queue and subtitles, just was really barried deep wasn't very intuative to where it is.

A note on the Queue being able to queue on the same disc is nice I think I detailed it in the main thread that I personally make 2 copies one basic (ipod/iphone) and one advanced (Apple TV/ Media Center) when I tried it out I had to add the same disc again and it had to scan the whole thing all over again wasn't to crazy about that. Could add the "Copy" feature to make that slicker.

I did notice that the resolution list where on some profiles and not others is there a reason that there is only one resolution for the iphone 4 profile but many on the generic or MP4 profiles, could I / you make a Apple generic that gives all apple settings in one profile?

Comment

Queued Tasks

Still having trouble with it opening the same disc more then once it gets hung up on the opening screen.

Also there is no place to customize the file name in the advanced settings... this I assume is because you want to have everyone use the file name convention that is setup in the preferences. I add SD or HD to the end of my files depending on the codec settings used.

Comment

Still Curious on Audio / Subtitles

1. Anyway to embed subtitles so that they can be enabled / disabled via the player so that they don't have to be rendered into the video and always on?

2. The multichannel audio doesn't seem to work on apple devices correctly aka it doesn't see it as a AC3 Multichannel track.

3. I have seen in other tools such as xxxxxxxxxxx that you can have multiple audio tracks in the file is there a way todo this or could you possibly add it?
            (This would be nice as I make 2 files now one that is stereo downmixed and one that is multichannel if I could include both in the same file it would be helpfull as watching a movie with multi, on a stereo device stinks because the volume is all over the place due to only really hearing audio from fr, fl no center etc.)

Comment

We don't discuss other software's pluses or minuses here.

Comment

Sorry not my intention

Sorry not my intention to compare products in my mind I have found no product comparable in feature set to the DVDFab Suite. I have found that there is a fair number of people out there looking for the same thing I suggested in my previous post, and think it would be a good feature to add to an upcoming product release.

Comment

Working...
                X