Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The need to be online makes 9 unusable to some, why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper The need to be online makes 9 unusable to some, why?

Not everyone has full time internet access. The need to be online to use DVDFab9, makes it unusable for me unless I am at work 30 miles away. What is the need for being connected to the DVDFab website to make this new version work? What advantage is it to the user? If there was any real internet out in the sticks, we would just stream our videos and have no need for DVDFab. An opt out of full time connection would make this a usable product for some of us. Thank goodness for DVDFab8.

Yes I am one of those people. I have also mentioned this under General Questions.
    Even when I am connected to the internet I disable the connection on the computer that is about to run DVDFab so that I can also disable my AntiVirus program and other programs.
    I do this so that more computer resources are available to DVFab and to stop programs from interfering by checking for updates, running their own processes on and off and also in the case of the AV program checking on every file that accesses another file.

Unfortunately I see this as a step backward for DVDFab.
    I am curious to know what information is being sent everytime DVDFab9 starts. I trust that it hasn't turned into Spyware.

I would like to see this annoying feature removed.

Comment

I trust that it hasn't turned into Spyware.
      Don't be insulting. No one cares what movies you copy. DVDFab contacts its own servers to verify an active license exists and contacts the decryption server if you are copying or converting a Blu-ray.

I would like to see this annoying feature removed.
      It may be modified but removal and reversion to the old key system will not happen.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Don't be insulting. No one cares what movies you copy. DVDFab contacts its own servers to verify an active license exists and contacts the decryption server if you are copying or converting a Blu-ray.
        Pull your head in.
        I wasn't being insulting so keep your defamatory and arrogant remarks to yourself.
        If the programmers were more open and up front with this feature then I would not be querying it.
        How do we know that it won't change in the future?
        Copying movies is not the only issue does it send information about my computer or the files on it, how many times I use the program, does it record my ISP address. Have missed something?
        You are only an Administrator of a forum, would the company reveal to you all its plans?

Originally posted by signals View Post
        It may be modified but removal and reversion to the old key system will not happen.
        Too bad, I guess you either stick with it or you look for alternatives.

Comment

another nail in the coffin

I have been a user for many years, but this does seem intrusive.
          I can understand DVDfab wanting to protect its product but this is OTT.
          Now I have to have two versions, 8 for when I am offline and 9 for online.
          My only worry is how long will 8 be supported.
          As someone said, time to explore alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by blewgenes View Post
            I have been a user for many years, but this does seem intrusive.
            I can understand DVDfab wanting to protect its product but this is OTT.
            Now I have to have two versions, 8 for when I am offline and 9 for online.
            My only worry is how long will 8 be supported.
            As someone said, time to explore alternatives.
            (As someone said, time to explore alternatives.)--->I agree with you 100%.If dvdfab 8 support ends,i will stop to use it,and there is already alternative option.In sort time i hope two!I will not use dvdfab 9,because i don't know what is going out of my pc!Thanks dvdfab for all years,but enough with all these online checks and information which they goes out!Privacy,it's privacy!Just my opinion...I'm just a fully lifetime(all options),registered user.Good luck to all...

Comment

I feel like I have been stabbed in the back with this restrictive (oh no another insult) implementation.

And to make things worse I have an forum administrator telling me I being insulting for questioning their privacy policy. I can see where that's heading - under forum rules 'insulting' remarks are not tolerated. So anything you say even if it is remotely suggesting something negative about a product could have you banned or your threads removed. I'll see what happens.

Comment

You are precariously close friend.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Such power!

Comment

That's right so don't push it! You've expressed your frustration. Nobody who staffs this forum can do thing one about the business policies of DVDFab if you have a problem you can contact them directly so give it a rest.

Thread closed.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X