DVD Shrink type features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy DVD Shrink type features?

Let's say I have a full DVD that is 4.5GB. I can fit it on a DVD5 with 100% quality if I just omit a single audio track (the commentary, for instance), or if I change a special feature to a solid picture. I can do this with DVD Shrink, but I don't see these features in DVDfab. Are they there and I'm not seeing them? If they do not exist, can they be added?

Thanks in advance!

You can use customize to do exactly what you want.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, I see that now...thanks!

Comment

Keeping with the DVD Shrink Theme

I too used to use Shrink a lot, then I found DVDFAB and have been a owner for a few years. One thing I really like about DVD Shrink was the ability to remove the beginning and end of a movie right down to a frame. Basically I would take a feature movie and crop the beginning right up to the point where it starts. I'd do the same with the ending right when the credits start. This allowed me to chop down a 5G+ movie to fit onto a 4.7G disk. I really missed this option. I know DVD FAB allows you to remove the beginning and ending chapter but sometimes when removing the credit chapters you cut into the end of a movie or you have to live with some credits. Allowing me to crop the movie anywhere I want would be a great feature enhancement.

Thanks,
        Marvin

Comment

Hi rea2112
          This has been requested by many members including my self.
          I hope that some day this will be available from Fab.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

So in the meantime, do what I do when I feel the need... Copy the DVD to an .iso file, mount it with virtual DVD drive, and load it into DVD Shrink and have at it. I usually just copy the movie when I make backups, but sometimes I like to add the deleted scenes to the end.

Comment

It is not actually to the frame, as I recall it is to the GOP.
              Originally posted by rea2112 View Post
              I too used to use Shrink a lot, then I found DVDFAB and have been a owner for a few years. One thing I really like about DVD Shrink was the ability to remove the beginning and end of a movie right down to a frame. Basically I would take a feature movie and crop the beginning right up to the point where it starts. I'd do the same with the ending right when the credits start. This allowed me to chop down a 5G+ movie to fit onto a 4.7G disk. I really missed this option. I know DVD FAB allows you to remove the beginning and ending chapter but sometimes when removing the credit chapters you cut into the end of a movie or you have to live with some credits. Allowing me to crop the movie anywhere I want would be a great feature enhancement.

Thanks,
              Marvin
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Death race 3 inferno

Death race 3, analyzes about 9 0r 10 times, has anyone had problem and if so, is the movie ok.

Comment

Please start a new thread for your question. This is called a "hijack" and is against the rules.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Slingerland View Post
                    I usually just copy the movie when I make backups, but sometimes I like to add the deleted scenes to the end.
                    The Copy- Customize may fit your need.
                    I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
                    Edison

Comment

Working...
                    X