Thumbnail creator using IMDB database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Thumbnail creator using IMDB database

There are a ton of great programs out there for thumbnail creation. But perhaps the best way to add value to your software is to have an option to create a thumbnail set immediately after creating the Blu Ray or DVD rip. Perhaps integrating a thumbnail program into the DVD Fab software that will match the titles name with a database and pull a legit movie cover right off of the web. I know that ThumbGen is an awesome program that does this, but it requires us to do so afterwards.... perhaps having it done as part of the ripping process would work better!

Wow! Best suggestion ever

I totally agree that this would be a deal maker for many people. Media Monkey does a good job searching the amazon database for audio files... It would be awesome if we could do this with DVDfab for our videos. They look really crappy when you pull them onto an ipod, look at them in a folder, or view their thumbnail in Windows Media Center or Media player.

Is something like this realistic to hope for, DVDfab?

Comment

Don't ever hesitate to request a new feature, many of the things in DVDFab now started here. This would be handy.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Until then I use DVDFab Media Player's snapshot feature to make my own:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I honestly don't think that Fab will ever add this feature as ther are already brilliant free products out there and I know the amount of time invested in them which is major.

For anyone wanting to maintain a graphic library on a PC, XBMC is hard to go past and Thumbgen is certainly the best for thumbnail generation.

YAMJ is also great to produce a HTML based library.

I use all three for my libraries.

Originally posted by jordoday View Post
          I totally agree that this would be a deal maker for many people. Media Monkey does a good job searching the amazon database for audio files... It would be awesome if we could do this with DVDfab for our videos. They look really crappy when you pull them onto an ipod, look at them in a folder, or view their thumbnail in Windows Media Center or Media player.

Is something like this realistic to hope for, DVDfab?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Here are a couple of examples for your info:-

The first is XBMC
            The second is Thumbgen
            The third is YAMJ
            Attached Files
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

PS: Don't forget, not all containers will allow a thumbnail to be contained within the file.

Comment

Working...
              X