Menu system for new Media Players not able to do menu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Menu system for new Media Players not able to do menu's

I have 2 media players, a dune which plays menu's and another that doesnt.
    All new media players coming out from this year "2013" are not able to do full menu's which is no good for discs like TV series.
    I am wondering if the dvdfab development team are able to get dvfab to be able to do the menu system via software to get full menu's on these new machines.
    Would be fantastic if could be fixed by dvdfab
    thanks

Please post your logs, the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please tell us what you use two media player, we will check the problem.

Comment

Because of cinivia protection all new media players cannot do full menu's and only able to use BD lite.This is very well documented over the web.
      There is no problem with dvdfab its the hardware/firmware on ALL
      new players coming out.
      It means if you have for instance a tv series bluray with mulitiple episodes then you cant access the menu to play them.In BD lite you only get a playlist and can play episodes in random order.
      This is a major drawback on all new media players manufactured from now on.
      I am hoping there will be a software work around for this in the future.
      I dont know if its the chip in the units or firmware they use to do this.
      Would be great if dvdfab could incorporate a fix in the future
      I repeat its not a bug in dvdfab but how things are implemented in all new media players made from now on.
      The only option at the moment is to purchase old models of media players that do full menu's
      thanks

Comment

The menu system on media players has absolutely nothing to do with Cinivia but to do with their firmware implementation and Javascript support.

Fab has no real way to fix this problem.

A real simple solution is not to use ISO/Folders and encode each title to a separate MKV that can be listed easily in media player menus.

There are many way to do this both compressed and uncompressed maintaining the features on\f the original title, only just no menus.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I understand Cinivia doesnt it self doesnt cause the problem but I think its the people behind Cinivia that pushed for no menu's on new players being produced.
          I have alot of tv series and would take months to re rip and do it as single episodes.Would be very frustrating. Some episodes are hard to find each title when playing to find the right order.I just like having the menu's and using iso's

I asked here to see if someone thinks there is a possiblity of a work around to get menu support on these new players.
          It will influence what media players I will purchase in the future

Comment

Unfortunately, I think you will find yourself in a catch-22 situation.

Media Players that will have firmware that will play the full menus will have use licenced firmware which will then also mean the Cinivia virus.

I have over 100 TV series myself with some over 10 seasons (3500+ episodes) and I have done as I indicated and have never looked back.

With judicious use of Jukebox and identification software, my media players all show Album Art, seasons, cast, episode plots, etc, etc. All the detail that you could ever wish for.

A far better solution that is way better than just a menu system that really uitilises the capabilities of Media Players.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Players that have or license DVDFab core technology will be able to play full menus for most Blu-rays (as the Fab Media Player software does). This is why Fab Player will always be Cinavia-immune, hopefully these features will migrate to the current and future hardware as well.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Unfortunately, I think you will find yourself in a catch-22 situation.

Media Players that will have firmware that will play the full menus will have use licenced firmware which will then also mean the Cinivia virus.

I have over 100 TV series myself with some over 10 seasons (3500+ episodes) and I have done as I indicated and have never looked back.

With judicious use of Jukebox and identification software, my media players all show Album Art, seasons, cast, episode plots, etc, etc. All the detail that you could ever wish for.

A far better solution that is way better than just a menu system that really uitilises the capabilities of Media Players.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, I hope you are right as thsi will solve all problems.

My comments were targeted at all the players that I have tested not the Fab players.

I am eagerly awaiting my Fab Set Top Box to test this and will report ASAP.

I still favour the media library route though, and have my XBMC Library ready for testing on the STB!

Comment

And we are all anxious to hear your results.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

To add full blu-ray navagation to set-top box, we need wait for more powerful mobile cpu, current mobile cpu is not enough to support it.
                    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thank you Fengtao for clarifying this.

It is not a big issue for me as I feel very strongly that if you use a Media Player, ISO's are not the best way to store your media.

Still looking very forward to getting the STB.

Best Regards
                      GregiBoy.....

Comment

+1 here
                        ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

+1 for what, J?

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
                          +1 here

Comment

For the stb to arrive cant wait i will have every room in the house setup up with xbmc this ones for my son room hopefully it Handel's hd playback
                            Last edited by Jonatan; 03-03-2013, 02:38 AM.
                            ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Working...
                            X