DVDFab 9 Burned on Chapter Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) DVDFab 9 Burned on Chapter Numbers

I noticed today when I converted a DVD to the iPod format that even though the disc did not have any subtitles, it burned the chapter numbers onto the film at the bottom of the frame. As I said the disc does not have any subtitles, Closed captions or forced subtitles of any kind. The direct render option is by default selected under advanced settings, but this shouldn't cause the chapter numbers to be burned in.
    Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Ok I did some additional research and found out that for some reason there is a chapter number overlay being shown when I use Media Player Home Cinema, but not when I use VLC. Below is a screenshot of the chapter overlay with subtitles. If I take a screenshot using the player itself, the chapter numbers are gone. I have OSD disabled in the player yet still get the chapters throughout the movie. Is there any way to disable chapter numbers while converting the movie?
    FYI, this happens after I have ripped a DVD ISO into another video format, such as iPod format.

Thanks guys.
    Attached Files

Comment

Also try Fab Media Player. If the chapter numbers do not play in it, it has to be something in your TMT settings.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

DVDFab is not putting them there, at least not in any that I have made recently.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Strange. I checked all my settings in the player and have disabled the onscreen display but still the chapter numbers appear. I did notice that even though the movie itself does not have subtitles, it appears that it does because when I choose to disable subtitles in the film the chapter numbers disappear. So whatever is happening during the rip/re-encode process it's taking each DVD chapter and somehow creating a forced subtitle or placing them in subtitle category?

Comment

Working...
          X