9.x - Ability to add tasks to the task queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) 9.x - Ability to add tasks to the task queue

I've looked all over and can't find a way to add tasks to the task queue. One of the other threads a member said to click the Add button next to source...that doesn't add anything to the queue, it just opens a search to add a source to do a task. (If this is the way to do it, maybe I need some additional instructions)

Request: A button to add to the task queue would be nice. I make several different copies of each of my DVDs - Main DVD9 copy, DVD5 ISO, and PS3 version. I'd like to be able to add all 3 of these to the task queue so I don't have to continually babysit the copies.

I know it's possible to add to the queue, because if I create a copy, then do another disk...come back and try to do a different operation on the previous disk, it shows the prior task as well as the new task in the queue and throws up an error telling me that the folder already exists and do I want to overwrite...click no and it continues on with the new task I started. Don't know if this is a fluke or what, but I was excited to see the task queue, then disappointed when I couldn't find a way to add to it.

I've looked thru the user's manual and don't see anything in there that says how to do it, which is why I'm creating this thread.

Thanks!

Use the "+" button to add all your sources. Check that they are there using the Source dropdown as shown in the first capture. The second capture shows what it should look like as the tasks complete.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Use the "+" button to add all your sources. Check that they are there using the Source dropdown as shown in the first capture. The second capture shows what it should look like as the tasks complete.
      So I have to add the source for each task correct? Even if the source is the same DVD?

Comment

Also...if that's the case, is there a specific order one should use for each task to limit the number of times the program needs to scan the DVD (to speed up the process)? Or does the program know which one to do in what order to eliminate unnecessary scans?

1. Main movie DVD9 copy
        2. Main movie ISO DVD5 copy
        3. Main movie PS3

...in that order? Or am I SOL since the DVD sizes are different between the main copy and the ISO copy?

Comment

ok so I was able to add two tasks...the initial D9 copy as well as the D5 copy...but when I clicked on Ripper tab for the PS3 file and selected the correct title track...it just sits there forever on "Analyze Title20 Information..."

Comment

I honestly have never tried to do what you are doing, adding a Ripper task to a Copy queue. Even if it might work, you will actually save time by running the Ripper task from the DVD9 source you made, particularly if you have Source and Target for Ripper on different hard drives.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I honestly have never tried to do what you are doing, adding a Ripper task to a Copy queue. Even if it might work, you will actually save time by running the Ripper task from the DVD9 source you made, particularly if you have Source and Target for Ripper on different hard drives.
              Yeah it looks as if it won't let you mix and match the size (5 vs 9). But you can get it to rip and copy in one format or another just as long as you select the Rip first then go to the copy tab to get the second one...click on tasks and verify that the rip is first in line. If you do it in reverse order, then the rip task states it's complete, yet when you go to the file, it is 0k. FYI

Comment

Thanks for the tip, others may want to do the same thing.

Comment

Doing A Series

I have a similar request to Lavee,
                  When doing a series I'll rip each Full Disk to the hard disk
                  When I have the full series I'll copy (main movie) each episode to it's own folder, I pick the episode specify a target folder and hit start.
                  When it finishes I have to go back select another chain, specify another target and hit start again (Manually)
                  I think it should be possible to have a '+' alongside each chain (similar to the play button) and clicking on it adds that to the queue taking with it the target label for that job. This way I could queue all 26 episodes from 6 ripped disks and then walk away and let it chug away to finish 2 hours later
                  What do you think ?
                  I then shrink the number of individual episodes I want to a DVD-R (without all the titles) or convert them to individual AVI's (these all get queued in AGK)

I have to say I love the new interface (but then I hated the 9.0 interface ...)
                  Mutt
                  Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

Comment

You should be able to do this by clicking on the "+" add source button in the upper left. Just select the same source folder that you used to set up the first one and select the next episode. Use Customize instead of Main Movie.

Comment

Job Queue

Sorry Signals, I'm aware that there is a long winded way of doing it but I was suggesting a feature improvement that would add considerably to the usability for anyone dealing with multiple 'main movies' from the same rip.
                      I'm suggesting a method where the folder gets scanned once, you click on each 'episode', you alter the label and then you click add.
                      The current method requires the whole folder to be scanned each new addition and you lose where you were up to. Was I on MontyPython1969S1ep05 or ep 06 ???
                      It's quicker (input wise, to do it manually than have to rescan, but it means having to sit at the PC which I'd rather not do)
                      You don't yet have the output to check and you'd then have to look at the queue, I know it's possible, I'd just like it better
                      If you don't think it worth while just ignore it
                      Customise, just allows me to select multiple chains to be ripped to the same folder. I don't want that as I want to both configure the DVD backup sizes AND have individual AVI files for each episode (which need to be in their own folder).

Mutt
                      Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

Comment

Queueing tasks of BD to DVD with menus

I am lost at setting up the task queue for transcoding (copying) a AVCHD to a DVD with added menus. The AVCHD ISO is basically seen by DVDFab as a BD so it has always worked on a one by one basis. But I've tried several difference ways to do this using the task queue and always have the same issue. Here's what happens. I add let's say 3 sources (AVCHD ISOs) to the sources and go to the first one, go through the process (somewhat lengthy but not complaining) of setting up the menu with a custom background, title, and names of chapters, etc. Then, I do the same with the second source. Each time I'm doing this, it steps me along until I'm at the "start" button page. The task button is greyed out at this point. There is no "update task" button or anything so I'm forced to go back before hitting "start" to set up the next source with menus etc. and so on until I've created menus for each task. But when I DO go back and just happen to check everything I just created for the first title, I see it has reverted back to the standard menu selection page with the default fonts and texts for the titles and chapters, erasing everything I've just created.

How in the world do I set each of them up and make them stick until I finally hit the start button at the end? Once you hit the start button, it's all over, no more adding tasks. They should have two options just before hitting "start." One that would update the task and one that would start the entire batch. You'd update the task, then setup the second and third source. When you're ready to hit start, you hit start. But it's not this way. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                        X