This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate Title ISOs

When ripping a TV season CD, I'd , like to be able to select one or more chapters and have each one rip to a separate ISO file. This would be much more convenient than the current rip-one-at-a-time method we have right now.

Why? And you mean titles, don't you? Not chapters?

Originally posted by jsimmons View Post
    When ripping a TV season CD, I'd , like to be able to select one or more chapters and have each one rip to a separate ISO file. This would be much more convenient than the current rip-one-at-a-time method we have right now.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As Greg said WHY ?

So if there is 24 episodes for that Season (Titles, not chapters) you what 24 discs ...... NOT me !!!

I'll live with the 55-65% compression just so I can maintain the Menu structure. They still play OK on my 52" LCD @ 15 ft away, still looks REAL GOOD on my 22" monitor !!
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

If for burning to disc I would take AlienX69's advice OR is it for a similar reason such as this thread

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Why? And you mean titles, don't you? Not chapters?
          Yes, the "titles".

I have many boxed sets for TV shows (X-Files 1-6, News Radio, FireFly, etc). I am slowly moving these series to my HTPC. I say "slowly" because I copy individual episodes as ISO files to my HTPC, and the way DVDFab is written, I have to do each episode one at a time, which means I have to aggressively babysit the process in order to make the most efficient use of my time.

When I copy movies to my HTPC, I only copy the movie, not the accompanying chaff (previes, ads, commercials, etc) that comes on pretty much every DVD. I don't care about compression, chapters, menu structures, or any of that other crap.

I'm getting the Fraiser Entire Series box set for my birthday (February), and that set has *44* DVDs. It would be REAL nice if I could just select all of the episodes ("titles") on each disk, and have DVDFab make individual ISOs for them. It could sort the titles as they exist on the disc, and then automatically generate file names based on the title numbers as displayed in the listview.

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
            As Greg said WHY ?
            I'm making ISOs for my HTPC.

So if there is 24 episodes for that Season (Titles, not chapters) you what 24 discs ...... NOT me !!!
            As I already stated, I'm not making discs. Besides, even if such a feature were added, it would most certainly be optional, meaning *you* don't have to use it if it holds no value for you. There are many features in DVDFab that I don't need/use, but I'm not about to suggest that they be removed simply because they don't meet my needs.

I'll live with the 55-65% compression just so I can maintain the Menu structure. They still play OK on my 52" LCD @ 15 ft away, still looks REAL GOOD on my 22" monitor !!
            I'm happy for your ability to "live with" compression, but I personally don't do compression. Isn't the variety of uses of DVDFab a great thing?

BTW, why are you yelling?

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
              If for burning to disc I would take AlienX69's advice OR is it for a similar reason such as this thread
              See my response to gregiboy AND alienx69.

Comment

I would rip all 44 dvds to disk and then separate them into individual ISO. Actually I prefer XVID avi files. They are smaller with no loss in quality and my players support XVID. I do the DVD rips manually since I have to physically put the DVDs in. You can do the separation using command lines. If there are the same number of titles on each disk you can write a small script to create the command file. Here is an example for MadMen season 1.
                Attached Files

Comment

See my response to gregiboy AND alienx69.
                  why are you yelling?
                  AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Everybody stop yelling.

The DVDFab command line interface supports individual title selection, so I think this could be
                    automated with billbell52's Fabbatch utility or one of the command line batch files that he and others
                    have posted. They are in the Knowledge Base forum.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That is not fair... I didn't get my turn to yell yet.

@jsimmons

If you are willing to get your hands a little dirty then you should be able to use the command line options to get what you want. You could load up each disc once in DVDFab, write down the title numbers, close DVDFab, and then create a batch file with one line per title. You would have to do some research if you are not familiar with batch files.

No that it is clear that he meant titles instead of chapters, maybe someone should change the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                        Now that it is clear that he meant titles instead of chapters, maybe someone should change the thread title.
                        Good idea. Done.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As you know signals, yelling is basically all typing in CAPS or a majority of the post.

A few simple words in uppercase is just for emphasis ...

I should have wrote this in my reply, was just trying to make a point, that everyone does use CAPS at some point for emphasis.

No yelling on my part !!

Regards,
                          AX

Comment

You should probably assume that as an administrator I am familiar with forum etiquette. There has been too much "emphasis" in this thread. The question has been answered and discusssed. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                            X