Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Bugs (to be fixed), and Changes I'd Like To See

Bugs:

0) Version 8 of DVD fab remembered the folder I used to rip movies to. Version 9 doesn't. I would like to see this feature restored.

1) When a copy is finished, the "Process Finished Successfully" dialog box is position in the center of the main display, REGARDLESS of the actual position of the main DVDFab form (I move the DVDFab window to my secondary monitor so I can work with DVDFab is running). The current functionality hides the success dialog box under the window I'm working in, and I have to use the Windows task bar to find it and activate it so I can close it. Please make the success dialog display in the center of its parent window.

2) When DVDFab is finished copying a title (from the main movie tab), when I click finish, the "Back" button is no longer there (it was in v8).

Feature Requests:

0) I copy a lot of TV series DVDs one episode at a time, using the main movie screen to select episodes. Currently, I can only do one episode at a time, and quite frankly, it's a hassle. Please allow us to select multiple "titles" at the same time. To implement this, you'll have to change the radio buttons on the Main Movie screen to check boxes.

1) Make DVDFab remember its last window position, and display it at that position when it's restarted. While you're dealing with the window position, you may as well make it remember it's window state as well (maximized, normalized, minimized).

2) Please give us the ability to merge two-sided disks into iso's that are larger than 8gb. I watch all of my movies from a HTPC, and it would be nice if I could watch such movies without interruption.

In the future, please put bug reports in the Support forum for the module they relate to, e.g. DVD Copy, DVD Ripper,etc. so that the correct developer can find them more quickly.

Use Customize mode for TV episode discs, the titles have checkboxes there and you have the option to keep or dump the menus and extras.

To restore the Back button, just put a checkmark in the box for the Source, it should flip back to the first page.

Oversized (non DVD-Video compliant) output sizes have been requested many times and would be nice for some movies. I think they view this as a support nightmare due to playability issues on some devices.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Use Customize mode for TV episode discs, the titles have checkboxes there and you have the option to keep or dump the menus and extras.
      No, that's not what I want - it still creates a single iso file. I want separate isos for each selected title. As far as naming disk files, it would be sufficient to do "diskname-titlenumber.iso", and alternatively give the user the opportunity to name the files in the listview before copying the titles. This might call for a new page called "TV Episodes" (similar to the "Customize" page, but that creates individual ISOs.

To restore the Back button, just put a checkmark in the box for the Source, it should flip back to the first page.
      The check is automatically removed when you click the Finish, and you have to check it again. That's inconvenient.

Oversized (non DVD-Video compliant) output sizes have been requested many times and would be nice for some movies. I think they view this as a support nightmare due to playability issues on some devices.
      They could provide a separate executable for merging that allows the user to specify one of three size limits - 4gb - 8gb - unlimited. Ripped blu-ray discs are 25gb or larger, and most players have no problem playing movies that large. I'm playing my ISOs from a hard drive on a full-blown Windows PC. I'm not concerned with other devices. If there's a n actual tangible technical limitation regarding the physical size ISO files, I'll drop the issue, but "support nightmare" ain't the right answer.

Comment

Hi jsimmons,

Please try the new official version.
        http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=24348
        I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
        Edison

Comment

Working...
        X