More h(x)264 options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter More h(x)264 options

More options from the x264 engine would be great for advanced users. There are none for now and the crf is stuck to fixed values in the latest beta.

You can experiment with what are normally internal codec settings by editing the values in the presets. You can find them in a Preset folder, inside the Profiles6 folder in ....\Program Files(x86)\DVDFab9\ . They can be edited with Notepad or any pure text editor (no odd formatting commands embedded). An "Expert" mode in the GUI is probably what you are requesting. Maybe they could add this to Profile Editor.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't find the 3D profiles, more specifically the 3D MKV.

Comment

Find it here as easy as:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          Find it here as easy as:
          They are there allright But still no way of changing x264 settings, just basic ones.

Comment

I have attached the x.264 encoder settings that you can change in the presets. Your options are: 1)wait for what you want to be added to the GUI or to Profile Editor or 2)figure out how to do it manually yourself.
            Attached Files
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks. I can do it easily. The problem still is that I can't find the respective preset files. e.g. the 3D MKV. Which file represents this one?

Comment

Anyone can help? DVDFab by default, is using some low quality x264 settings.

Comment

Please do not mislead other users, the settings in the profiles and presets are tailored for good results on a device basis and work well for most. If they are not optimum for your purposes, you may contact the company using the Support linnk on the dvdfab.com website, and include a link to this thread. Note that the office is closed this week in observance of a national holiday.

Comment

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. But please, I still can't find the respective preset files. e.g. the 3D MKV. Which preset file represents this one?

Comment

Change Advance setting for X264 codec

Hi,

Sorry for my bad English.
                      I would like the same thing.
                      I want use H264 codec for make a MKV 3D.
                      The GUI does not propose to change the advanced parameters
                      For example I want to set the number of “nbframe” or activate the option
                      "nofastPSkip"
                      I find all these options in the file ”. pset” in “C:\Program Files
                      (x86)\DVDFab 9\template\perset”

What pset file is used for MKV3D profile ? (x264_M2TS_Fast.pset,x264_M2TS_High_Quality.pset.. .....?)

I contacted your technical support. I mentioned this topic.

Here is their response:

"Please keep contact the developer and experts directly on forum see if they can answer your question there. "

Can you help me ?

Comment

Read the xml for the profile you are using, it will list the preset that it uses and that you need to modify. I am not familiar with the exact one you are using, so the results you seek may not be possible if you can't find it in the preset. Modifying presets is a practice for advanced users, if it does not work as anticipated, you can just delete the file and reinstall DVDFab to restore the original profiles and presets to their original condition.

Comment

Thank for your help

I found the profile to edit : "x264_ABR_Fast.preset" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\profiles6\preset"

The options are many and can optimize the settings and get an optimal quality.

Many guides are available on the internet to find the good adjustable depending on the source.

DVDFab is very effective by default, but if you still want to optimize the result you can use this preset.

It would be interesting that DVDFab allows easier access to advanced setting for advanced users. At a minimum, there should be documentation and indicate what preset are used by profile.

Comment

Working...
                          X