No announcement yet.

The ability to select individual chapters instead of chapter range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) The ability to select individual chapters instead of chapter range

The ability to select INDIVIDUAL chapters and NOT Chapter range under "Main Title" and "Customize" tabs.
    e.g. A teacher would like to prepare several rips from Blu-rays /DVDs regarding SPECIFIC chapters and NOT a RANGE of chapters, which would include unnecessary material.
    This current software limitation is leading him/her to rip EVERY desirable chapter ONE BY ONE and to different directories for every single chapter and finally import them together to create a blu-ray / dvd folder, which is surely troublesome, timewasting and makes DVD Fab less user friendly in this sector.
    Another example is using a musical Blu-ray, when someone needs to compile a playlist of individual songs and NOT a RANGE of songs etc.
    As you understand, this proposed feature will certainly facilitate these jobs and instantly make your software very desirable and user friendly.

Not sure I understand your request. If you set the same chapter number as the start and end chapter it will include only that chapter in the output.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What I mean is that the software will present me with all chapters, each one having an empty box on their left, instead of the chapter range. So, I can select some chapters of the range and NOT the entire range, such as 1,4,5,7 and NOT the (1-7) range, by checking on their empty boxes ALL at ONE copying session and not one by one on successive copying sessions of one chapter copying. Which means I can arrange for ONE copying session consisting of e.g. 3 non-sequential chapters at once and NOT 3 copying sessions for one chapter each.

Please let me know if I should clarify more !

Comment

Why don't you just use the "Split by Chapter" control?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It is clear now. What Gregiboy suggested should work, but Split by chapter will convert all chapters to individual files and will take longer than being able to select only certain ones for conversion. This feature is only available in the Ripper module (not DVD or BD Copy).
          Originally posted by nikchem View Post
          What I mean is that the software will present me with all chapters, each one having an empty box on their left, instead of the chapter range. So, I can select some chapters of the range and NOT the entire range, such as 1,4,5,7 and NOT the (1-7) range, by checking on their empty boxes ALL at ONE copying session and not one by one on successive copying sessions of one chapter copying. Which means I can arrange for ONE copying session consisting of e.g. 3 non-sequential chapters at once and NOT 3 copying sessions for one chapter each.

Please let me know if I should clarify more !
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So since now it is clear what I am looking for, do you think it will be feasible to include this feature in some future version of DVDFab?

Comment

That is up to the developers. I can tell you this would not be as simple as it might seem it should be and would require extensive changes to parts of the GUI. It would almost need to be a new copy mode. I can see that it would be handy for some special tasks.

Comment

It's on todo list, but it will not be available very soon.
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

It has been a year since I posted my request regarding this feature !
                  Do you have any plans to implement it soon ?

Comment

Working...
                  X