This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapters and queue file for command line

EDIT: Moved to feature request, see later post. (Complication)

I want to take a dvd and rip only selected chapters... I tried using the QUE option but it doesn't work or I just can't figure it out...

I saw the command line options and thought that would be great... but for some reason I can't get it to work...

here is an example of what I want to do...

DVDFab.exe /MODE "DVDVOB" /SRC "C:\MyVideo\" /DEST "C:\MyChapters\" /PROFILE "vob.passthrough" /TITLE "1&2" /CLOSE

I am getting an error asking me to specify GENERIC, IPOD, ETC...but not VOB or passthrough..

anyhelp would be appreciated...
    Last edited by Complication; 12-31-2009, 03:13 PM. Reason: Added EDIT notice

You didn't indicate the version you were using. Also, I'm not sure that TITLE allows more than one at once.

Comment

In DVD to Mobile, you will need to rip the DVD to your hard drive first to re-use the same Source with different chapter extraction settings each time. Just re-click on the folder Source icon repeatedly and select different chapters or groups of chapters each time. This is probably not a good application for the command line interface.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

automating that function would actually be pretty nice...

to have it setup to do it like

/MODE "DVDVOB" /src "My Source" /Dest "My Destination" /Chapters "1,2" /Filename "MyVideo.VOB" /Close

The vob.passthrough is the only option so not sure if its necessary...

If one chapter is specified then it would just do the one chapter, if more are specified then it would combine them...

this would be awesome...

the program is already almost there.. just need to fix the DVDVOB mode and maybe add a chapter or find a way to do it with titles....

Thanks for the replies..

and PLEASE CONSIDER IT GREATLY.. i have already read some posts that describe somethign of this nature...and would be greatly appreciated i'm sure...

Also I'm using the latest version...6.2.0.5
        Last edited by VideoNoob; 12-31-2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

OK I noticed that the commands were implemented at BETA versions....so I downloaded the latest beta and the commands work.

Now my new question... is....... /TITLE how do you specify chapters, no matter what I put /TITLE "1(1&2)" or /TITLE "24-24", etc... start and stop chapters it rips the whole Title as ONE VOB file....

If this option is available and I am just using the wrong syntax can someone help?

If the option to specify chapters isn't available can that be added as asked above (sorry for repeating).

Also a /FILENAME switch would be GREAT.. I tried it with /VOLUME "MyFileName" and it just ignored it...

Thanks and I really do hope you consider it.......

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

On another note an option to save and LOAD a que file would be awesome... as well as be able to edit it via notepad/txt reader and then could run it...

Kind of like FabBatch in a way... Allow DVDFab to load a que file and process it also by command something like /QUE "My Que Source" and it would process it ....

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Again this would be awesome...thanks for listening../reading
          Last edited by VideoNoob; 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Moved your thread to feature requests.

Originally posted by VideoNoob View Post
            On another note an option to save and LOAD a que file would be awesome... as well as be able to edit it via notepad/txt reader and then could run it...

Kind of like FabBatch in a way... Allow DVDFab to load a que file and process it also by command something like /QUE "My Que Source" and it would process it ....
            You might try using a windows batch file with multiple command lines in it. There are others on the forum that have automated batch files that convert all ISOs in a directory for example.

Comment

Chapter extraction is not currently supported, which is why I said this is probably not a good application for the command line interface. It is more suited to situations where each file or title can be treated more or less the same way. Seems to me that each original disc would have different chapter extractions anyway, which can be done quickly in the GUI.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Complication---

That was my intent, a way to create a batch file (kind of like FabBatch) and extract just 1 chapter or 2 chapters at a time.

signals---

yes it does work great via the gui... just by choosing the VOB option, then choosing title chapter start/end then click edit and type in the name.

To add it to the queue I reloaded the same image/iso/video_ts directory and added it to the queue..

SO yes DVDFAB does work via gui and rips the vobs nicely this way. Exactly as I wanted it too.
                __________________________________________________ ___________

It seems the only piece missing from the command line structure is the ability to set the start/stop chapters (like you can in the gui) and the ability to manually name the file.

The reason i was asking for this is that I have some music dvds and there are lists that show the structure of each song with each chapter/chapters with the name and artist. If this could be automated I can easily build a program that parses that file and fills out the information automatically and then rips it by just clicking a button.

THis could also be accomplished via a way to save/load queues via the gui like you mention..

again I hate to beat a dead horse.. I know its not implemented yet in the COMMAND line structure, but I thought it would be awesome to add it.
                Last edited by VideoNoob; 12-31-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I attached a batch file I used to rip MadMen season 1. I created 1 command and copy/pasted it. I then modified the commands. Took about 15 minutes to do. It was easier than doing it by the gui. I thought about adding this to FabBatch. I don't do this often. See attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

On madmen is each TITLE an episode...the problem that I have is that there is only ONE TITLE with many chapters and sometimes I need chapter 1&2 or just chapter 2.

I wanted to customize my own music dvd by ripping only the chapters(songs) I want then I can easily feed this into any dvd making program (including probably dvdfab) and have it combine the vobs I want into what I want.

Also I could just encode each chapter as a I wanted too. I tried naming the specific chapter or title or both and all it did was ignore it and start ripping the WHOLE thing over as ONE vob instead of the split vobs.

The problem is that via the gui you manually select the TITLE, then you can click TITLE START/END and select it from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 or just 2 to 2. THen if you look at that line in DVDfab it changes to let you know that you selected 1-2 or just 2 or whatever and even gives you the time frame. The command line doesn't give that option yet. This is what I was asking for so I could choose the chapters that i want to extract. The program is there gui wise and via gui works great, just not command line wise again unless I am not using it correctly. This is why I was asking if it could be implemented if its not already. Also via the edit button you can name the file... adding this option would be great as well....

I have been using dvdfab since the end of version 4 and then went to version 5. I keep track of programs I purchase to see whats new, etc.. I noticed that command line had popped up and got REALLY excited. I am just hoping that via commandline something like this could be added. I don't have the source code, so not sure hwo easily it would be to implement.

Thanks for your reply Bill and if you are sucessful let me know.

Comment

Actually I could have used /CHAPTER support this week. I got a WD TV Live for XMAS and I wanted to play with the best encoding for this. I manually ripped a few action chapters from a few movies at different bit rates in several formats. Took several hours. I could have done this with the command line and a script that changed the bit rate in the profile.

In general, I like to be able to do anything in the command line I can do in the gui. I'll submit a formal request for /CHAPTER support.

Comment

THANK YOU SIR.... sorry for the yelling...

I hope the mods/coders agree.

Also don't forget about the FILENAME option.. without this option it might just rename it to SOURC.TITLE.1.vob or avi or wmv... etc on each one...

Comment

On the file naming you can do that already with standard windows command lines. I am not sure you want to duplicate capability that already exists with standard windows commands. Also, this renaming does not exist within the gui as far as I know. Example rename command:

rename MAD_MEN_S1_DISC_1.avi Mad.Men.1x02.avi

I would have to understand why this is a limitation today.

Comment

Yeah the renaming option is present in the GUI but not as a rename. You can actually edit the output filename.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                            X