New folders in C:\

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) New folders in C:\

With recent releases of FAB, 3 new folders are continually recreated. Can you please move the creation of these folders to the windows TEMP folder, not the root of the C:\ drive. Or move them to the DVDFAB temp folder if you can't/won't move them to the Windows TEMP folder.

UpdateLog
    UpdateTemp
    Temp

thanks
    Last edited by Yanta; 11-18-2013, 05:24 AM.

The location of these files may depend on where you tell DVDFab to place the program files during installation or perhaps in Common Settings. I found them all (except for Update log) in the DVDFab 9 folder in Program Files(x86).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

They're all in my DVDFab9 folder in Documents. Fab installed in default location(s).
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I accepted the defaults when I installed - C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9 - But these folders continue to be recreated on the root of my C:\ drive.

Given their nature, wouldn't it make sense to put them to either the Windows or DVDFAB temporary folders?

Comment

LOL it would make sense to put them anywhere rather than the root of the boot drive. Don't understand why yours keep turning up there. I am checking on it.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Check here and see where the program should be saving the logs:
            Attached Files
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi,

Would you please tell us the user account of system and the unicode setting of system?

We reproduced this when the user account and the unicode are not same. Not sure it's same with you.
              And could you please create a EN user account and have a try?

Wilson
              Attached Files
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for following up. I apologize. I have figured out what is going on.

I run a server (win 2008 R2). All client computers connect to that server for home and shared folders. This means that the "My Documents" folder. When Windows 7 boots, network connections are not restored.

Any attempts to run DVDFAB9 when the network drive is disconnected results in DVDFAB writing the folders to the C:\ drive.

The list of problems with Windows 7's (and 8's), failure to restore connections at boot up gets longer..

I'm sure I can figure out a workaround. Automatically remap the drive at log on or something..

The logs folder configured in DVDFAB is set to F:\Logs (A spinner), and my C:\ drive is a SSD. So, yes, DVDFAB does not write these folders to the logs folder, it writes them to the users documents folder.

Guys, thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Comment

Good on ya Yanta

Cheeyahs

Comment

Working...
                  X