automation issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) automation issue

Hello all! First post here so my apologies if this is addressed elsewhere. I have tried finding any info on this issue to no avail.

I have long used DVDFab and it has lived quite harmoniously on my HTPC I have used it in league with AutoRipNCompress which has also worked very nicely for at least four years now.

My ripping tasks have been simplified to a single start button from the interface of autoripncompress within Windows Media Center. Continue watching TV until it is done and voila a short time later I have a movie to watch. Moved into the right folder and accessible through MediaBrowser software, also integrated into Windows Media Center.

Here is my problem with DVDFab since version 9.1.1.5 it does not close automatically I have to tell it to in the interface. Whats more it hasn't been closing the process out properly and I have to do so with Task Manager before the movie can be moved to it's final location.

Though I have made adjustments to various settings attempting to resolve these issues I can't seem to return to my relatively streamlined process. I too find some settings aren't retained properly or are missing entirely from the common settings. (e.g. ~When all tasks are done exit program (and close process).)

I know this is a whiny complaint but it is having a tremendous impact on the WAF! I would appreciate any help in solving these issues if possible!

My apologies for complaining,and thanks for any help.
    Last edited by rookslide; 01-10-2014, 05:58 PM.

Exit Program

Hi, rookslide

"When all tasks are done" position, refer to the diagram below.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
    Attached Files

Comment

rookslide

It is always Ok to ask!

Also, look in Common Settings-General to see if "Allow multiple instances of DVDFab" is checked, if so, turn it off.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I realize I can access this feature "in the interface" and then only after the tasks have begun. I am looking for a setting to make this the preference like DVDFab use to have prior to 9.1.1.5 (I might be off on the version I sometimes miss an update or two.)

I have "Allow multiple instances of DVDFab" unchecked (turned off). This has made no difference.

Once again in order to replicate this you need to realize the program interface closes fine. No icon in the notification area at all. But if you enter the task manager you will find the process is still open (under processes tab). At least on my installation it is still open. Is no one else having this issue? and does no one else use AutoRipNCompress?

Perhaps this problem is unique to my system. I'll keep plugging away at it.
        Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

DVDFab is not necessarily designed or tested to work with other software beyond the 3rd party burning engines listed, so we probably can't help you there. I have referred your thread to the QA Team for verification with the developers.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yeah, I understand that's why I've been trying to figure it out on my own for a few weeks first. I've just never had a problem with this configuration for so long I hadn't anticipated having one. It may have been a happy coincidence that everything was working so well.

My HTPC is a delicate monster to be sure. Therefore, I'm not ruling out that there is a problem unique to my computer that is keeping the process from closing properly. I'm sure if anyone else who uses the AutoRipNCompress software has had any issues it would be discussed somewhere and I can't find any real issues anywhere.

The more I think about the issue it leads me to think more and more that the problem is unique to my set up, but I really appreciate the feed back and any assistance offered.

Thanks to both Signals and lixichen for the attention.

Comment

You are welcome, good luck with it. Watch the release notes for each new release, if they find anything inside DVDFab that would help it will be there.

Comment

When all tasks are done

I too have the same problem rookslide

After i have backed up a DVD the dialogue box appears to say that the "process has completed successfully" ,then if not dealt with immediately it disappears and then i cannot close the program . I am having to restart my pc in order to correct itself.

I have followed the info provided by lixichen as to use the dropdown box and click 'when all tasks are done exit program', but it would be good that once selected the program remembers for future backups. An option in common settings would be helpfull.

Comment

Working...
                X