Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) A idea Request for Main Program

To Management of DVDFAB

here is a idea for program request this is not to be anyway taken as an offensive comment.

the purpose of the software is so you can do what you want with your own media as an DVD backups, Blu-ray backups

and Files. However the software that your loyal customers paid for does not have the same idea by allowing the

software to verify your account status every time you start the program thereby having to connect to the Internet

you are solely depended upon your Company for the program that we purchased you can't even start it up without your

servers being online. In the event this something may happen to your Company for example going out of Business or

being shutdown or something like hackers and other such stuff on the Internet preventing us from connecting to you.

We cannot even use the program that purchased from you Company.

Okay here is just an idea which serve your customers and you well.
    Have the program in its current configuration version 9, but have it configured like version 8 that way we get the

whole program and it activate Off Line. Okay now on for protection issues
    1. Have the program activated by our account information Like Ver 8 Off Line but have No decryption data in it,

Once activated have it work like iTunes, and for DVD & Blu-ray decryption updates have it Work Like antivirus

definitions.
    2. Now for Blu-ray decryption updates, have them set up so they are like .exe files with a install window for

account information so it matches account information in the program and download auto and Manually through members

area and install them selves into the program sort of like antivirus definitions but have them encoded like iTunes

DRM music files Thereby that only activating when they're paired to the account information into the program that

will prevent any sort of pirating copy of the program but also give the benefit to your loyal customers of having

the whole program and not having to worry about hackers or your company going out of business

These are just some ideas as a loyal customer worrying about the future of the very expensive program we have

purchased and that because of the Blu-ray decryption data we are reliant on your servers being active plus the fact

we can't even use the program without your servers being active

I know these things are really Very complex coding evolving into program but I truly believe that it will benefit

your customers and you. And Here's looking for a wonderful future with DVDFAB, I love your program, that's why I'm

concerned we need to find common ground so We as loyal customers can have the program to use when we want and how

we want, Just like when you designed the program to use our media, how we want and when we want backups

Thank you

Please never double space your posts again. This issue has been raised many, many times since the live key system was put in place. The old system was unreliable and did not protect the product sufficiently. If it had not been changed, the product would not have many of the features that it has now and development would eventually have stopped.

As to BD decryption, I suspect most users would not wish to have to wait for the product to select and download an update every time a BD was selected for a backup. The current system is really much faster for the majority of users (but not all). If they ever close the product, I'm sure there would be some contingency plan to protect licensees as much as possible. It is not like the product would just cease working. There are workarounds buiilt in now for users with bad internet service.

you can't even start it up without your servers being online
    This is simply NOT TRUE. Do state as fact things that you have not confirmed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry for the format mistake but I'm more concerned of having my
      program work if dvdfab servers go off line for good
      and as for a workaround what oh a old ver. 8 DL. Please tell me what it is
      Because I'm a Paid Customer with bad internet. And i have a lot Blu-ray
      That i worry about. One thing i a Fact if your Decryption Servers get shutdown
      We can't Backup Blu-rays. ,

Comment

Re-read my earlier post. The workaround has nothing to do with v8, it is internal to v9. You surely do not expect anyone to post detailed information about the server configurations in a public forum, especially given what is going on now. I do not even know where all of them are myself (and don't want to). Sufficient that they are working now and the website and forum servers are the only ones that got taken down briefly.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X