please stop littering in my documents folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) please stop littering in my documents folder

please stop littering in my Documents folder.

application support files (such as temporary files, logs, etc...) should go in ProgramData or %userprofile%\AppData, NOT Documents!!!

The DVDFab logs have always been there and are unlikely to change. As you can see from the link you posted from 2005, feelings on this were divided even then.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi spongman
      The AppData folder is hidden for a reason, the wrong change in there and programs will no longer run.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by spongman View Post
        please stop littering in my Documents folder.

application support files (such as temporary files, logs, etc...) should go in ProgramData or %userprofile%\AppData, NOT Documents!!!

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/...01/434647.aspx
        You can change all that stuff in the common settings. My install drive is a ssd so I changed it to have my output, temp files, and logs saved to directories of my choosing on a hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by eisenb11 View Post
          You can change all that stuff in the common settings. My install drive is a ssd so I changed it to have my output, temp files, and logs saved to directories of my choosing on a hard drive.
          Whilst you can indeed change the location in settings, as you say, immediately you run DVDFab it will automatically recreate a "DVDFab9" folder under "My Documents" - even though that folder is not used for logging, etc..

Comment

Log File

Hi, spongman
            You can select the output log file location,
            Or uncheck the option, DVDFab will not output log file.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X