Panasonic Recorder Disc Duplication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Panasonic Recorder Disc Duplication

In Europe Panasonic have the licensing rights for bluray recorders which are able to record HD TV broadcasts.
    These recordings from the TV broadcasts are first recorded onto the Panasonic hard drive in direct record mode, in other words, as broadcast with NO loss of quality.
    The codecs used by the broadcasters such as the BBC and ITV are very efficient, 10 hours of broadcast quality material can be recorded onto a single 25GB bluray disc.
    The burnt discs CANNOT be copied using P.C software including DVD fab.
    Although BBC material is NOT encrypted they use an audio codec which is not recognised by non Panasonic bluray players or P.C media players and therefore cannot be copied.
    Any ITV recordings cannot be duplicated either due to encryption.
    I think DVD Fab should be looking into a way of being able to duplicate these discs, if they achieved this DVD Fab sales would rocket in Europe.

Moving your thread to Feature Request.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, nic6
      Could you send us a disc with some videos recorded by Panasonic?
      We need to analyze them to find out it's a problem or a considerable request.

Comment

Greetings and sorry for late reply.
        DVD Fab can rip and copy Blu-ray discs recorded in a Panasonic which have been converted from DR (direct record) to HQ mode, but DVD Fab although excellent software cannot rip from the Blu-ray which remains in it's unchanged native DR mode.
        I would be happy to send you a sample disc if you give me details of where to send it.

Kind regards Nic

Comment

Working...
        X