This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrid Party Plugin Support - Part #1

First off, I really Love DVDFab, keep up the great work guys!

I have been reading through a lot of the feature requests and as a developer myself was wondering if perhaps a good next step would be to introduce some level of plugin support to enable third party's to develop additional features and save the DVDFab development team some time, speeding up new features to the user base.

DVD to Mobile

What I was thinking of initialy was some sort of simple DLL based plugin to enable access to the video stream on a frame by frame basis after it has been read (decoded) from its source and prior to its re-compression into the new desired format. And some way of being able to set some sort of options/parameters used by the plugin and saved in the queue. This would allow such thinmgs as;

Video processing plugins (Colour adjustment etc)
    Water Marking

I would suggest at this stage only support for a single plugin should be made available then a pipeline plugin that could pass the frame though multiple filters could be developed by a third party.

Audio I know gets more difficult but if the same sort of thing could be done to pass a chunk of the audio stream into the plugin DLL as well.

Secondly, the ability to add custom functions to post process files in the queue after DVDfab has finished with them. Would be great if this feature was available on a per file basis or a per batch basis.

This would allow for such things as using an AVI joiner to link two transcoded files into a single file etc.

Anyway, I have more ideas but would like to get ideas/thoughts on the general approach.

Many of the features you mention will be available soon within DVDFab, some of them very soon and more are on the drawing board. Anything is possible, but they have resisted opening the door to similar 3rd party access in the past, one of the major reasons I think being the support nightmare that would likely follow. I really like the post-processing idea, especially the example of the joiner. That would really be handy for many users.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Great to hear some of the features are on the way.

I appreciate and understand the support concerns but it would still make the product far better. There are some simple things to make it easier, global switch to enable/disable all plugins, warning that if plugins are used, no official support available etc.

Anyhow, I would love to see far more flexability for the queue, that would be a huge step forward.

Keeping my fingers crossed

P.S. It would be useful to understand (perhaps by changing a post title) to know which feature requests have been adopted and are in development as well as those completed and in a release.

Comment

Working...
      X