H265 Fab speed up program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) H265 Fab speed up program

Doe's Fab Plan on having a Fab H265 speed up program like lightning or maybe quick sync support in the near future?

H265 Fab speed up program

Hi, surge

DVDFab is improving h265 encoding speed, but not hardware encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by surge
      Great this will help in total conversion time.
      We have improved the h265 encoding speed in the latest version, but no hardware acceleration yet. You can try CRF in the Encoding Method option.
      Please refer to the attachment.
      Attached Files

Comment

Jaingrui:Thank you I am looking for a setting for blu rays with hd sound but same quality as blu ray or very close to it for picture but smaller file size for playing on 60 inch tv.

I tried with the normal H265 settings with standard video quality with HD sound it came out to very close to blu ray quality and good reduction in file size 22 gigs to 4.5 gigs but took too long to convert 3.5 hours on a fast I-7 computer.The movie was only 90 mins. long.

Can you recommend a setting for the CRF decoder with what i have in mind I believe 23 is the default setting for CRF correct? Is CRF faster for conversion time than without it for H265? Thanks so much.
        Last edited by surge; 11-11-2014, 09:20 AM.

Comment

The default is 26. It is slightly faster, depending on the content. A guide is being prepared.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As signals has said, you can use the default value and have a try. If you are not satisfied with the output quality, try a smaller value, maybe 25 or 24.

Comment

NVENC supports H.265 and 4K encoding *in hardware* for the most recent versions. Your current mp4 NVENC encoders are great: 8 mins for a typical double layer blu-ray disk. But when switching to 4K or H.265 8 mins becomes 8 or 10 hours + to encode. Any plans to *please* utilize the NVIDIA hardware encoding engine for H.265 and/or 4K ???

Thanks,

Comment

H265 Hardware Encode

Hi, eggehad

This is our priority work, this feature is already in our todo list.

Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

H.265

Hi all,

any update on that?
                  I own a GTX960 now.
                  It's a ASUS GTX960 Strix 4GB - based on Nvidia GM206-300-A1
                  Maxwell 2.0 that supports H.265 De- & Encode by H/W.
                  How this can accelerate the FabBD RIP into a H.265 .MKV?

Please advise.
                  Thanks n BR.

Comment

Sorry, nothing definite. I think there was some delay waiting for the nvidia drivers to stabilize.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

All
                      We need a FEW volunteers to try a new function using the DVDFab Ripper and Converter modules.

Requirements:
                      nvidia 970 or 980-based video card
                      prefer i7 CPU
                      perferred OS: Win7 or 8/8.1, Win 10 acceptable
                      prefer DVD+BD capability
                      license for DVD Ripper, BD Ripper and File Converter (tell me what you have)

If you have the above and the time for a few tests, please send me a PM.

Comment

Gtx960 only got full HW h.265 de/encoders!!!

Hey guys,
                        please take care that GTX960 only / first
                        got native full HW h.265 encoding & decoding!
                        The bigger 970 and 980 don't! (Those have this kind of hybrid-decoding [using GPU+CPU])
                        The GTX 960 got em both in HW! Also comes featured with HDMI 2.0 and Hdcp 2.2!
                        So i think the gtx960 should be the besteht pick HW for the movie people (FHD,4K,h.265 ...)
                        Hope to see FHD and 4k with HW h.265 encoding soon.
                        The guys from Sly are integrating it as well actual!
                        Please advise about any news.
                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by b.laupert; 11-30-2015, 08:21 PM. Reason: Typo ;)

Comment

Originally posted by b.laupert View Post
                          Hey guys,
                          please take care that GTX960 only / first
                          got native full HW h.265 encoding & decoding!
                          The bigger 970 and 980 don't! (Those have this kind of hybrid-decoding [using GPU+CPU])
                          The GTX 960 got em both in HW! Also comes featured with HDMI 2.0 and Hdcp 2.2!
                          So i think the gtx960 should be the besteht pick HW for the movie people (FHD,4K,h.265 ...)
                          Hope to see FHD and 4k with HW h.265 encoding soon.
                          The guys from Sly are integrating it as well actual!
                          Please advise about any news.
                          Thanks.
                          How do you know this? I use a 980GTX Matrix Asus GPU and I have full support here with Fab 9. The other programs uses DirectX, and does not use Nvidia support.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by b.laupert View Post
                            Those threads are 11 months old and a lot has changed even if that was true.

Even if what you say was still true, it also uses DirectX (DXVA2)
                            The GTX 960's H.265 decoder can be driven using the standard DXVA2 mode. DXVA2 is the standard for hardware-based video decoding in Windows
                            Last edited by Chameleon; 11-30-2015, 08:51 PM.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                            X